Advanced Iron Home
June 18, 2018, 10:00:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 with spoilers  (Read 81 times)
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« on: May 19, 2018, 06:29:27 AM »

I know no one seems to come to this board anymore so this probably won't be read. But I don't do "social media" & given what's been going on with it I'm apparently ahead of the curve with my preference for bulletin boards. So here goes. First: Apparently Pepper said yes to Tony's proposal at the end of SM: Homecoming and Tony's telling her of a dream he had of their having a kid & naming him Morgan after an eccentric uncle. Nice little nod to the comics there.            The Mk. 50 armor, while certainly useful to the writers, is something I don't like. It looks good but the way it operates is basically magic. It was obviously based on Matt Fractions armor & is a Deus Ex Machina in that it can now do whatever it is Tony needs it to in the moment! Tony's past armors, in both the comics & the movies, were fantastic but always stayed plausible. You could believe that someday someone would actually be able to build that suit. But this thing is "Star Wars" tech! It's so far out there that it will never exist! Also, why the need to surgically attach the module to his chest? Why not carry it around & if he gets separated from it just call it to him like he could the last few armors?             Anyway the movie is a little longish, but there's so much going on that only seat fatigue reminds you of how long you've been sitting. The amazing thing is how all of these characters were serviced in this film. Everyone had decent screen time, they all contributed something meaningful to the plot. And how amazing was it to see Peter Dinklage play a dwarf who towered over Thor?                     I like the portrayal of Thanos in this movie. He commits evil acts but isn't really evil, just terribly misguided. After bringing what he believes to be balance to the Universe he doesn't take it over & declare himself God, he goes to a rustic cabin in the woods to watch the sunrise.              The movie ends with him victorious. But remember that Strange said that there was 1 future where the heroes win. I believe Strange explained to Tony that to win Thanos first had to get his way. Something he had to remind him of when Peter dissolved in his arms. A powerful scene BTW, you really felt for Peter & Tony in that moment. I believe that in Part 2 he & Nebula use the Guardians ship to go to Earth to explain to the remaining heroes the future that Strange saw. So on the whole a very good movie & really looking forward to Part 2 next year!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:11:26 AM by Iron Guy » Logged
Borjigin
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »

Can you break that up into paragraphs?
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 02:07:12 AM »

Sorry, that's the part of high school English that I couldn't seem to master. Smiley Maybe someday I'll get the hang of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: