Advanced Iron Home
November 21, 2017, 11:31:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Legacy Lenticular Covers  (Read 67 times)
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« on: October 22, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »

So the lenticular covers that were supposed to entice the return of a readership to Marvel are a complete disaster. I stopped by a Graham Crackers today to buy some mylites to rebag my TOS run and the two Iron Man covers caught my eye - I think they were Falcon #1 (an homage to Iron Man vol. 1, #71) and Iron Man #593 (an homage to Iron Man vol. 1 #155).

They are awful. They don't "lenticulate". The don't work. And I'm talking that they are worse than first generation "Sports Flicks" cards from the 80s'. Those of us old enough to remember the old, rounded bottoms from 7-11 cups with the baseball circles will find operated better than these covers. It's almost like the cover manufacturer only engraved one side of the prismatic material completely and left the other side in unequal proportion.

Obviously if you guys see them check them out for yourselves, but this event, with the low quality is a failed cash grab by Marvel.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:20:42 PM by IMJ » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: