Advanced Iron Home
August 14, 2018, 09:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infamous Iron Man  (Read 409 times)
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »

I'm sorry to see that this is going but not surprised. I've found Doom's story of redemption interesting. I just hope that he doesn't revert once the book is done. In fact I'd like to see Marvel find a way to continue to tell this story. Given Doom's past his road of atonement will not be an easy or short one. Every time he shows up to help everyone will view him with ,rightly earned, suspicion and mistrust. That will take a lot of time and effort to overcome. But I want to see him charge down this new path with the same determination that he used on the old one. He will have to accept that he's going to be getting a lot of abuse before he ever starts to receive any praise. So hopefully he doesn't give up and eventually succeeds in gaining the publics trust. Pity he wasn't just a politician, he could've just done a mea culpa, laid low for a year or two, and then come back saying he's a changed man and get elected into office again. But the world of super-heroes has higher standards than that. 
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 12:24:14 PM »

I really liked this series even if it was pretty slow and didn't really focus on Doom Iron Man-ing as much as I expected. I wanted to see him going up against Iron Man's enemies and interacting with his allies. Instead we got simply a heroic Victor von Doom book. It was almost like a Fantastic Four book in everything but name. It was still good, but could've been something else.

I hope with Tony returning and Victor's book ending, they decide to have him join the Avengers and continue his adventures there. I was pretty disappointed when he only guest starred two issues of the series, even though it seemed like he was going to join the team when the latest Avengers volume was first announced.

Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 03:43:40 AM »

In the Thing/ Infamous Iron Man team up annual they've already laid the groundwork for turning Doom evil again. Sad. This idea had such potential as a redemption story with Doom having to struggle for years to prove himself & eventually gain trust, as it should be given his history. But it's that very perseverance that would've eventually proven his good intentions! But they've decided that he's more of a crowd pleaser as a bad guy. More's the pity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: