Advanced Iron Home
September 20, 2018, 12:13:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would this be worth it to you?  (Read 1121 times)
H.O.M.E.R.
Renaissance Armor

Im Rick James B+ch!

« on: November 05, 2016, 07:08:08 PM »

So my dear iron men.... need some advice from you all..... i ran across an Iron Man #1 that i want bad. Before i acted on impulse and purchased it, i want your opinions regarding its value.
Local shop wants $100 for a IM#1 Grade 2.   I have done some research online and seems i can see comparable sales for about $140 on these. 

I know its worth whatever i think its worth to me, i just wanted to feel i made an educated purchase.  I do NOT plan to re-sale it. Yes i do plan on opening it and reading it. Then inserting it back into a sleeve and displaying it next to my collection and suit.

Simply put... Would YOU pay  $100 for it?
Should i go get it before its too late?

Heres a pic of actual product.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwccBDXf7aNiQ0ZwRWdSVjRaZVE/view?usp=sharing

Gracias

***Don't you know who i am?    I'm the JUGGERNAUT b1+ch!***
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »

A hundred bucks isn't so hard to part with, but that's also a pretty low grade book. You might be happier in the long run if you put a little more into it and buy a higher grade copy.  On the other hand, if you aren't going to thumb through it, and just plan on looking at it through the shiny mylar (which helps the appearance), then you can read the issue in trade somewhere and just have your copy!

This shows you how much the market has changed though - years back I bought a 7.0 #1 for a bill.  Go online and see what you can get in a graded copy for between 100 and 200 bucks, and then go online and see what you can find unslabbed but from some reputable sellers like Graham Crackers online or Sparkle City Comics because the price on that 2.0 might be a reflection of that book's availability at that particular store rather than the market itself or your region.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: