Advanced Iron Home
December 18, 2017, 04:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INFAMOUS IRON MAN announced!  (Read 2324 times)
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« on: July 08, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

If you expected Tony Stark to get a replacement, you're mistaken. He's getting two replacements. As you probably know, one of them will be starring the relaunched Invincible Iron Man, and it will be the recently-introduced Riri Williams; the other?

VICTOR VON DOOM

Who's set to star Infamous Iron Man, the rename/relaunch of International Iron Man, still written by Brian Michael Bendis and still drawn by Alex Maleev.

Here's the solicit: "There is a new Iron Man in town and his name is VICTOR VON DOOM. The greatest villain of the Marvel Universe will try something new. Where Tony Stark failed, Doom will succeed. What is Doom's Master Plan?"

On a personal note, with this entire shake-up, my shared 50/50 interest ratio for Invincible and International drastically changed to a 20/80 ratio.

Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:40:59 PM »

They could so easily have Tony star in International, continuing to actually be Iron Man while he helps out Riri with tips and advice.

Bottom line. Tony Stark is Iron Man. Rhodey was helping out a friend and was a worthy replacement but really became a hero in his own right. All this now doesn't interest me.

Other than Old Man Logan, Wolverine and Daredevil I don't think there is anything else out there for me after already dropping a lot of stuff. DC are nailing it with Rebirth so that'll satisfy my comics needs while I shift my focus to other things I enjoy. 
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »

So this is Marvel's version of Lex Luthor becoming the New Superman (which is currently happening in Action Comics).  

My money says Tony isn't dead though.  I say he quits.  He's tired of the fighting.  

They could so easily have Tony star in International, continuing to actually be Iron Man while he helps out Riri with tips and advice.

Bottom line. Tony Stark is Iron Man. Rhodey was helping out a friend and was a worthy replacement but really became a hero in his own right. All this now doesn't interest me.

Other than Old Man Logan, Wolverine and Daredevil I don't think there is anything else out there for me after already dropping a lot of stuff. DC are nailing it with Rebirth so that'll satisfy my comics needs while I shift my focus to other things I enjoy. 

While I too am enjoying DC Rebirth, I'm hesitant.  Remember, The New52 started off awesome before vaulting in to the crap show that needed this rebirth to start with. 
Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:13 PM »

That's true, I'll enjoy it while it lasts though. Green Arrow is starting to resemble what made him a great character for so long and I'm a huge Green Lantern fan these days (may be my no. 1 favourite character/group/concept now). I even bought the Lois and Clark issues you recommended and really liked them and the Superman Rebirth stuff and I'm really not a Superman fan.

I could understand any of the Marvel heroes being tired of the fighting. When was the last time one of the heroes actually saved some people? All they do is fight each other or fail in everything else. I don't think they even really face challenges anymore. They just suck then things turn out alright and the process starts again.

I'll be honest, I really think I'm almost completely burnt out on Marvel. I said it before that I was mainly enjoying omnibuses and big trades from now on but I haven't really stuck to it and I should have.
JDD01
Silver Centurion

Artist of Armors

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 07:08:35 PM »

I think on this teaser cover for Avengers relaunch, there was a pic of Doom's IM armor, so I put up a link to the image due to CBR's antiembed tech:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=78669&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=78988

Check out my artwork at: http://www.jddishmonart.deviantart.com/,checkout my webcomic: http://nexgentheseries.thecomicstrip.org/
,my tumblr at http://sealabcomicproduction.tumblr.com/,and my new Patreon Page: http://www.patreon.com/jddishmon for exclusive access to new comics before everyone else
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 03:46:18 PM »

Green & gold eh. Figures. Doom wasn't likely to completely abandon his colors & gray is too dull & would tend to make him resemble Ultron. Can't say I'm a fan of the talons, unless they're retractable. That artwork makes it look menacing, which, if Doom is trying to walk on the side of light, is not the look he should be going for.
Stark Resilient
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:01:41 PM »

I LOVE Doctor Doom, so I'm more willing to accept this change versus the Invincible Iron Man book.  My hopes for this book is that this is a closer to the Iron Man version of Superior Spider-Man than the Superior Iron Man was, if that makes sense. I'm not crazy about this armor tho. That said, I still just want Tony in the armor.

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 03:23:05 PM »

Here's the redesign for Iron Doom:

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »

Two variant covers. For issue #1, by Esad Ribic, and #2, by Rafael Albuquerque:

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 12:52:07 AM »

I'll be honest, I really think I'm almost completely burnt out on Marvel. I said it before that I was mainly enjoying omnibuses and big trades from now on but I haven't really stuck to it and I should have.

I think that the next order period will be for the launch of this and the "Riri book".  Marvel accomplished with me what they set out to do: this will be my most "diverse" comic order ever.

There will be zero Marvel books in my order, which means that my ordering of traditional stuff is over (exactly as Marvel has taught us it should be - traditional is dead), and to add to the diversity, I'll be ordering the package deal order of DC's books from DCBS, a Valiant book, and an Image book. Diversity as Marvel engineered it! And also the absolute truth.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »

I think that the next order period will be for the launch of this and the "Riri book".  Marvel accomplished with me what they set out to do: this will be my most "diverse" comic order ever.

There will be zero Marvel books in my order, which means that my ordering of traditional stuff is over (exactly as Marvel has taught us it should be - traditional is dead), and to add to the diversity, I'll be ordering the package deal order of DC's books from DCBS, a Valiant book, and an Image book. Diversity as Marvel engineered it! And also the absolute truth.

Which Valiant book, may I ask?  Is it X-O?
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 03:32:13 AM »

Enjoy X-O while you can. The impression I'm getting is that Valiant is shutting down the book after issue 50. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that's the way it looks to me. It's a pity that DC couldn't get Steel to work (or Hardware for that matter) or that Image never bothered to flesh out their armored character Sentinel. I'm not interested in Iron Girl and if Iron Doom tanks then Marvel HAS to bring Tony back or I've got nothing to read (Marvel or otherwise) except for IDW's Star Trek and Dark Horse's Alien titles.
Stark Resilient
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »

Enjoy X-O while you can. The impression I'm getting is that Valiant is shutting down the book after issue 50. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that's the way it looks to me. It's a pity that DC couldn't get Steel to work (or Hardware for that matter) or that Image never bothered to flesh out their armored character Sentinel. I'm not interested in Iron Girl and if Iron Doom tanks then Marvel HAS to bring Tony back or I've got nothing to read (Marvel or otherwise) except for IDW's Star Trek and Dark Horse's Alien titles.

I was really enjoying X-O for like 15 issues or so.  I felt like it fell off tho.

Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 05:43:03 PM »

I just started reading Ninjak. It's been pretty great so far. Might have to give XO a craic. I often see people moaning about DC and Marvel but praising Valiant for doing everything the big two try and getting it right. I read some Bloodshot a while ago too so may give it a proper shot.
Borjigin
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 08:54:10 PM »

When does this debut?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: