Advanced Iron Home
November 19, 2018, 02:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony Stark, b@$t@rd son of Howard?  (Read 3050 times)
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« on: July 28, 2015, 02:45:44 AM »

With the new team saying that they're going to explore Tony's parentage it got me to thinking. What if after Arno was born disabled Howard & Maria's marriage is on shaky ground & Howard takes up with a mistress who winds up getting pregnant. The Stark's know that they need to publicly produce a child soon so they decide to adopt Howards out-of-wedlock son! It would explain why Tony has so many similarities to Howard as well as why Howard was so hard on him growing up. After all, he'd be a living reminder of not only Howards failure with Arno, but also a reminder of his infidelity toward Maria & the shabby way he probably treated Tony's mother to make her leave & stay quiet! If this is the case then Maria was a saint as she raised & loved a boy (who was the product of her husbands cheating & they're taking care of to maintain an illusion) as if he was her own! Anyway, that's my theory on it. 
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »

The "Secret Origin of Tony Stark" was ridiculous, and written by nonsense leftists who will basically state that you don't support adoption if you fight against their story. The whole Secret Origin thing should be retconned or explained away as the manipulations of the Recorder because he was reprogrammed by Justin Hammer or some such nonsense.

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

With the new team saying that they're going to explore Tony's parentage it got me to thinking. What if after Arno was born disabled Howard & Maria's marriage is on shaky ground & Howard takes up with a mistress who winds up getting pregnant. The Stark's know that they need to publicly produce a child soon so they decide to adopt Howards out-of-wedlock son! It would explain why Tony has so many similarities to Howard as well as why Howard was so hard on him growing up. After all, he'd be a living reminder of not only Howards failure with Arno, but also a reminder of his infidelity toward Maria & the shabby way he probably treated Tony's mother to make her leave & stay quiet! If this is the case then Maria was a saint as she raised & loved a boy (who was the product of her husbands cheating & they're taking care of to maintain an illusion) as if he was her own! Anyway, that's my theory on it. 

That could be a good explanation. I think the Secret Origin of Tony Stark would've made more sense if it wasn't because Tony Stark is basically a physical carbon copy of his father.

If Bendis is going to resume the mystery surrounding Tony's parentage, I hope Arno returns to the book, we was pretty interesting.

Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:52 AM »

Arno was a pretty cool character. I did enjoy the twist of that series, not expecting Tony to be adopted much less have a brother. It will be interesting to see this continue in the new comic series and ones in the future.

Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »

The "Secret Origin of Tony Stark" was ridiculous, and written by nonsense leftists who will basically state that you don't support adoption if you fight against their story. The whole Secret Origin thing should be retconned or explained away as the manipulations of the Recorder because he was reprogrammed by Justin Hammer or some such nonsense.
Why IMJ I'm shocked, shocked I say, at your attitude! Weren't you the 1 that said that no matter how much we might despise "The Crossing" & Teen Tony that they did happen in continuity & therefore were forever more a part of Tony's history? Besides, I've never really been that much of a fan of retconning or rebooting. While some writers would chafe at having to deal with, shall we say, unfortunate creative choices of previous writers I think that truly good 1's would rise to the challenge of addressing those issues & finding a way of resolving them that doesn't involve hitting some kind of reset button.
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »

Why IMJ I'm shocked, shocked I say, at your attitude! Weren't you the 1 that said that no matter how much we might despise "The Crossing" & Teen Tony that they did happen in continuity & therefore were forever more a part of Tony's history? Besides, I've never really been that much of a fan of retconning or rebooting. While some writers would chafe at having to deal with, shall we say, unfortunate creative choices of previous writers I think that truly good 1's would rise to the challenge of addressing those issues & finding a way of resolving them that doesn't involve hitting some kind of reset button.

Agreed. I wasn't a fan of Gillen's twist with The Secret Origin of Tony Stark, but I'm even less of a fan of backing down.

They done ****ed up? Keep going. Maybe they can make a great story out of it.

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »

If I did say that, then I'm quite confident that the context was not in support of either of those diseased stories, but rather in finding a way to make them work - such as Busiek tried to do. In this case, if you don't agree with a magical retcon of some kind, then it can still be written into the story that the whole thing was a ploy of the Recorder.  Truth be told if I did at some point say that, it really doesn't change my point here at all.

The Secret Origin of Tony Stark was dumb.  Even for far out science fiction, it was dumb.

Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:29 AM »

Probably a stupid question so I'm sorry in advance, but I take it this whole adopted and secret brother thing is all new to the modern stories and its not mentioned or part of the much older/earlier stories of Iron Man/Tony way back in the 80's or 90s? I haven't read any of the older series. If they haven't, why bring this all out now? Did anything so much as hint to this "big reveal" happening?

Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »

All new to those six issues. Aside from not personally liking the idea it was used on a character who has always been a smarter carbon copy of his Dad.

Bendis says a lot of things about his directions and what he's going to expand upon and often times ends up reversing them so he can have a clean slate of what he always wanted to do. So, fingers crossed.
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

All new to those six issues. Aside from not personally liking the idea it was used on a character who has always been a smarter carbon copy of his Dad.

Bendis says a lot of things about his directions and what he's going to expand upon and often times ends up reversing them so he can have a clean slate of what he always wanted to do. So, fingers crossed.

I'm just happy he will finally explore this new facet of Tony Stark, after Gillen went all like "Well, Tony Stark is adopted, and his parents are-- Hey, is that Darth Vader?".

kokushishin
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 06:29:30 PM »

Howard obviously had a lot of connections and he certainly wouldn't be the first rich guy to sleep around.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: