Advanced Iron Home
November 23, 2017, 04:27:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man 4 'Confirmed' by Shane Black  (Read 12137 times)
Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 05:14:39 PM »

I doubt Ty Simpkins will take the lead. I mean, he's just a kid right now. If that were to happen, Iron Man 4 would need to happen around 2030. He's only 13 today.

It is fascinating to me that some journalists have picked up on this as if it was a credible rumor; let alone that it's discussed here as if it's actually a viable possibility. The hobby is truly a shell of it's former self....

I'm with you on how strange this rumor getting picked up is.  Then again, there were a ton of odd rumors coming out of Iron Man 3 that picked up steam.  Hell, I have some coworkers who hated the fact that Avengers 2 didn't explain how and why Tony was Iron Man again since he had his arc reactor removed.  Apparently he can't be Iron Man without it.  

I do have this odd feeling RDJ isn't entirely done.  While we won't get any IM movies, I think he'll sign for an Avengers or two.      

That shows how little ability to pick up symbolism some people have (and to simply listen to the final line of the movie that literally tells the viewer "Without my suits I still am Iron Man"). Tony didn't blow up his suits to get rid of his alter-ego. The suits represented this insecurity after the Battle for New York, so he blew them up to represent he was no longer dependant on them in an emotional level, a clean-slate (protocol).

And it's kinda sad that if they couldn't pick up something so obvious to think how many other stuff they missed. After all, the movie had plenty of symbolism. Even the War Machine / Iron Patriot rebranding represented something, and complimented the meta-commentary of the Mandarin twist.

I might be going a little bit off-topic. I just love to talk about symbolism and stuff, specially in this movie. Grin

I've had a few conversations with people about this too and it bugs me. He literally says "I promise I'll tone it down from now on".

Tom Breevort said there's more huge Iron Man news coming soon along with the link that Bendis and Marquez's Iron Man is set to sell over 200,000. I want a conclusion to the Ten Rings story so I'm all for an Iron Man 4. I'm not interested in a film setting up a successor or a replacement for RDJ. That can come later.
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 10:26:21 PM »

I find it very unlikely that they will do a "pass the torch" of Iron Man as opposed to simply recasting the role at some point.

Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 02:53:35 AM »

It seems to all be very fan based, all these articles living off the rumors fans have theorised. No one has confirmed anything, RDJ himself hasn't said this is happening. Its all just down to fans saying what they'd like to happen and people having a slow news day and deciding to write tons of crap about something that may or may not happen. And as stated above, if going to happen, it'll have to be a new cast since the kid isn't old enough yet and "talks" are for this movie apparently coming out next year or so? At first I was excited at the thought of IM4 but this is just getting way out of hand now.

Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »

Where did the idea of the kid taking over even come from? There's nothing in the film to imply that his character is anything except someone who lets Tony use his garage and then reminds him of who he is a little bit and multi film contracts are just Marvel's way.
Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 05:16:20 PM »

Who knows? Because he's a smart kid and knows who Tony is and he would be younger, probably the only real successor Tony has. Unless he ever has kids.

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 01:21:25 AM »

Who knows? Because he's a smart kid and knows who Tony is and he would be younger, probably the only real successor Tony has. Unless he ever has kids.

Nah man. It's just the kind of hearsay that the general public makes assumptions about when they see source-material derived movies like this nowadays. It's a mentality of filmgoers that started manifesting back during the LOTR releases when people who never read the books started seeing the movies. They'd sit next to someone who read the books, who would fill in the blanks for them. Now that's evolved into comic book flicks, but there are new fans who want to be part of the "informed" so they just say the first nonsense that comes to mind that makes easy sense to them to sort of fill-in the experience.

"Oh.. there's a young kid in this one, so that must be who takes over for Iron Man when he grows up!"
It's the same kind of critical thinking error that the majority of people make about their uninformed stuff every day.

It's pretty simply actually.

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »

Downey gets a contract for Spider-Man, so now Iron Man 4 is on the table....
"I could do one more"

If it happens I pray that they fix the Mandarin problem, but given the recent comments about the Ancient One, they won't do that. So maybe we'll get an entertaining Spymaster and Armor Wars flick.

Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »

I'm curious if they did make Iron Man 4, how would it fit into the MCU schedule? Unless if IM4 was to happen, it would take the slot Inhumans had?

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »

I'm curious if they did make Iron Man 4, how would it fit into the MCU schedule? Unless if IM4 was to happen, it would take the slot Inhumans had?

That's plausible.

Stark Resilient
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 05:07:46 PM »

That's what I was thinking could happen.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: