Advanced Iron Home
October 20, 2018, 06:06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brubaker/Sleeper  (Read 1528 times)
Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« on: September 23, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »

I recently read Criminal and Incognito out of curiosity (really enjoyed both) so decided to buy the Sleeper omnibus.

I've just finished issue #12 so I'm halfway through, I don't see what can happen in the next twelve issues that will stop this from being joint first as my favourite series. It has virtually every kind of theme I love in one book.

I also really like Brubaker's Cap run but I don't rate his Daredevil run that much. It is good and by no means bad in any way but I wouldn't put it in the same ballpark as Bendis' run or any of his independent stuff even though I often see it very highly recommended. I wonder if his restraint is actually too much for the important moments in his Daredevil story.

Any one else a Sleeper fan? Any thought's on his Daredevil run compared to his other work?
Stark Resilient
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »

Brubaker is just all around awesome.  Sleeper volume 1 is definitely better than 2, but 2 is still pretty damn good.  Criminal is definitely my favorite by him though. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: