Advanced Iron Home
December 17, 2017, 03:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 394583 times)
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #1800 on: September 20, 2017, 12:36:34 AM »

Which Khan? Hispanic or Caucasian?  Tongue
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1801 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (9/27):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #12 ($3.99): Doom's turn as Iron Man seems to end here as this title looks to be one of Legacy's victims.  While International Iron Man was fair but ultimately forgettable, Infamous was a fascinating read.  Like with Magneto a few years ago, Doom's heroic (but not too much) turn feels natural and was done well.  Hopefully this journey continues. 

MARVEL LEGACY #1 ($5.99): Longtime Thor (and departing Star Wars) scribe Jason Aaron writes the history and future (by going back to it's history) of the Marvel Universe.  They claim this will put Marvel back on track as Rebirth did to DC after the New52 (to be fair, it took two years for the New52 shine to wear off and Rebirth isn't quite there yet although with every book shipping twice a week, it seems it has gone on longer than it has).  More than likely here we'll see the hints of the returns of Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Tony Stark. 

Also:
GENERATIONS CAPTAIN AMERICAS #1 ($4.99)
GENERATIONS MORALES & PARKER SPIDER-MAN #1 ($4.99)
STAR WARS JEDI REPUBLIC MACE WINDU #2 (OF 5) ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Legacy Avengers. For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and there is only one Khan and yes, his chest is real and it's spectacular.           
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1802 on: October 03, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/4):

AVENGERS #672 LEG   ($3.99): Legacy starts this week as the Avengers enter a team-up with the Champions to take on the High Evolutionary.  I’ll admit, I’ve been a Marvel zombie since the 80’s, and I’m not really sure why this guy is a massive villain, but it is kinda cool whenever he shows up.  I’m just never sure why. 

THOR BY WALTER SIMONSON OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG ($125.00): Most of you old school fans have read this.  If you haven’t, you must.  This is why Thor is cool.  This is why we still give a crap about this guy.  This is practically the art book for all three Thor films.  This is the long awaited second printing of this omnibus, and while pricey, totally worth it. Collecting THOR (1966) #337-355, #357-369 and #371-382; and BALDER THE BRAVE #1-4.

Also:
JOURNEY SW LAST JEDI CAPT PHASMA #3 (OF 4) ($3.99)
STAR WARS #37 ($4.99)
STAR WARS DARTH VADER #6 ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us more Star Wars.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I really want to like Blade Runner but...     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1803 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/11):

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #13 ($3.99): So Aphra, once thought dead by Vader since he... well... killed her by tossing her out an airlock (she knew he'd do that and had a plan), might be in his crosshairs again as she tries to sell old Jedi artifacts.  You'd think, if you're trying to avoid Vader that selling Jedi stuff would be a no-no, but why not.  Again, this is a fun series worth a look if you haven't already. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us the return of Tony Stark.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and if I down a box of Frosted Flakes in one sitting, does that make me cereal killer?       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1804 on: October 17, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/18):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #593 LEG ($3.99): Bendis stays on as this book reverts back to it's old numbering.  In a coma since CW2, Tony somehow goes missing and it's up to Riri, MJ, and his momma to find him.  Given the Extremis armor on the cover, it's finally clear the classic red and gold has been "retired" as the default throwback armor.  Here's hoping Bendis can go back to what made his early IM stories fun. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us war in the stars.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and here's hoping my Dodgers go 3-0. 

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #1805 on: October 20, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »

I'm just hoping that the Extremis armor on the cover doesn't mean the Tony Stark since then isn't the real one. I mean, it would be great to have Matt Fraction's run erased from existence, but still...
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1806 on: October 20, 2017, 03:07:56 PM »

That's the Pentagon Armor, not the Extremis Armor. Gosh guys, what a bunch of fake fans. Wink

Joking aside, I wonder what does the use of that armor mean. Initially, I thought it was just a call-back to Adi Granov's covers with the Pentagon Armor, but the armor is also used in the covers to issues #594 (its silhouette) and #595 (its helmet).

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1807 on: October 25, 2017, 12:16:25 AM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/25):

Got distracted by the World Series, but here we go:

SECRET EMPIRE HC ($60.00): Hear me out.  Worth the $60?  No.  Wait for the softcover or track down the issues.  Worth a read?  Yeah.  Despite it's simplistic ending, SE was an enjoyable read.  Characters stayed in character.  The stakes felt real.  The set pieces were fun.  Tie-ins weren't necessary reading.  The writing was on point for the most part since, unlike most non-Hickman scripted events, it gained steamed as it went on and didn't have a wasted issue.  Rushed, but not wasted.  On the downside, the ending was too easy.  It read like Nick Spencer forgot Tony was an A.I. and in a coma.  The art wasn't nearly as good as other events.  And the big "death" didn't land since Widow is too big a character to stay dead.  Again, worth a read as most of the backlash was about Cap being Hydra and not really about the story itself.  Collecting SECRET EMPIRE #0-10 and OMEGA, and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY (SECRET EMPIRE) #1.   

Also:
STAR WARS JEDI REPUBLIC MACE WINDU #3 (OF 5) $3.99   

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us new old Cap.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and my Dodgers are off to a fantastic start.         
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1808 on: November 07, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (11/8):

STAR WARS #38 ($3.99): Former Darth Vader creative team (awesome series) and Iron Man creators Gillen and Larocca take over the main Star Wars title with an arc that looks to connect the OG film to the fantastic Rogue One film as Luke and crew visit Jedha, home of the first planet to get the Death Star smack down. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us more war.   For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and the World Series just about broke me.   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1809 on: November 14, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (11/15):

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #8 ($3.99): Fans of Star Wars Rebels were happy to see the Inquisitors appear, and now they go onto to hunt a legendary Jedi, the librarian.  Yup, Vader and the gang are after that old lady from Episode 2 who helped Obi-Wan find Kamino and the clones.  So we have a dying being with magical powers going after a librarian.  Quick, call Brenden Frasier.     

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #14 ($3.99): Now an issue longer than conceived (I mean the last issue was a finale if I ever read one), the question becomes is hot Doc Aphra still coll without the company of her murderous droids?  Lets see. 

PUNISHER #218 LEG ($3.99): Frank Castle has the War Machine armor.  Rhodey's War Machine armor.  How the sith did that happen?  Is a Netflix series not enough?   

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us new (old?) Iron Man.   For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and speaking of Netflix...
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #1810 on: November 29, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »

Hey Typhon are you sick or something? 2 weeks with no update. I hope it's not serious whatever it is, I always look forward to your posts in this thread. Hope you're back soon. Best wishes.
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1811 on: December 05, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »

Life got super busy the last few weeks, but I'm still alive and kicking.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (12/6):

CAPTAIN AMERICA #696 LEG ($3.99): Much like Billy Bush, Cap is on an apology tour as he attempts to win back the American public one city at a time.  Now I get the why because of Hydra-Cap, but considering his first issue took place at a pro-Captain America rally that was made up of actual normal people and not crazy Hydra-Cap lovin' fanatics, I don't think the road trip is necessary.  People done just love the Cap.  Still, this is Waid and Samnee which means this, good or not (and I have no doubt this run will be awesome given the team), is future omnibus material.     

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #9 ($3.99): Vader needs to take an old lady alive.  She better be careful.  If the prequels taught us anything, little Annie likes his women older, and it doesn't turn out well for them. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us more space wars and the FF are sorta back.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I need two paws to text on a smart phone.   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1812 on: December 12, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (12/13):

STAR WARS #40 ($3.99): In celebration of the last Star Wars film that came out, Leia and the OG gang are on the Rogue One location Jedha looking to stop the Empire from collecting more Kyber Crystals to power some kinda big laser for yet another giant space station.  They won't make it though.  I mean why would the Empire make another Death Star?  I mean ok, maybe they'll make one more, but after that...   

That's it for this week.  Next week the FF are sorta back.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I got my Last Jedi tickets.   
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: