Advanced Iron Home
October 21, 2017, 03:38:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 390166 times)
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #1800 on: September 20, 2017, 12:36:34 AM »

Which Khan? Hispanic or Caucasian?  Tongue
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1801 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (9/27):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #12 ($3.99): Doom's turn as Iron Man seems to end here as this title looks to be one of Legacy's victims.  While International Iron Man was fair but ultimately forgettable, Infamous was a fascinating read.  Like with Magneto a few years ago, Doom's heroic (but not too much) turn feels natural and was done well.  Hopefully this journey continues. 

MARVEL LEGACY #1 ($5.99): Longtime Thor (and departing Star Wars) scribe Jason Aaron writes the history and future (by going back to it's history) of the Marvel Universe.  They claim this will put Marvel back on track as Rebirth did to DC after the New52 (to be fair, it took two years for the New52 shine to wear off and Rebirth isn't quite there yet although with every book shipping twice a week, it seems it has gone on longer than it has).  More than likely here we'll see the hints of the returns of Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Tony Stark. 

Also:
GENERATIONS CAPTAIN AMERICAS #1 ($4.99)
GENERATIONS MORALES & PARKER SPIDER-MAN #1 ($4.99)
STAR WARS JEDI REPUBLIC MACE WINDU #2 (OF 5) ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Legacy Avengers. For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and there is only one Khan and yes, his chest is real and it's spectacular.           
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1802 on: October 03, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/4):

AVENGERS #672 LEG   ($3.99): Legacy starts this week as the Avengers enter a team-up with the Champions to take on the High Evolutionary.  I’ll admit, I’ve been a Marvel zombie since the 80’s, and I’m not really sure why this guy is a massive villain, but it is kinda cool whenever he shows up.  I’m just never sure why. 

THOR BY WALTER SIMONSON OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG ($125.00): Most of you old school fans have read this.  If you haven’t, you must.  This is why Thor is cool.  This is why we still give a crap about this guy.  This is practically the art book for all three Thor films.  This is the long awaited second printing of this omnibus, and while pricey, totally worth it. Collecting THOR (1966) #337-355, #357-369 and #371-382; and BALDER THE BRAVE #1-4.

Also:
JOURNEY SW LAST JEDI CAPT PHASMA #3 (OF 4) ($3.99)
STAR WARS #37 ($4.99)
STAR WARS DARTH VADER #6 ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us more Star Wars.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I really want to like Blade Runner but...     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1803 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/11):

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #13 ($3.99): So Aphra, once thought dead by Vader since he... well... killed her by tossing her out an airlock (she knew he'd do that and had a plan), might be in his crosshairs again as she tries to sell old Jedi artifacts.  You'd think, if you're trying to avoid Vader that selling Jedi stuff would be a no-no, but why not.  Again, this is a fun series worth a look if you haven't already. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us the return of Tony Stark.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and if I down a box of Frosted Flakes in one sitting, does that make me cereal killer?       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1804 on: October 17, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (10/18):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #593 LEG ($3.99): Bendis stays on as this book reverts back to it's old numbering.  In a coma since CW2, Tony somehow goes missing and it's up to Riri, MJ, and his momma to find him.  Given the Extremis armor on the cover, it's finally clear the classic red and gold has been "retired" as the default throwback armor.  Here's hoping Bendis can go back to what made his early IM stories fun. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us war in the stars.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and here's hoping my Dodgers go 3-0. 

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #1805 on: October 20, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »

I'm just hoping that the Extremis armor on the cover doesn't mean the Tony Stark since then isn't the real one. I mean, it would be great to have Matt Fraction's run erased from existence, but still...
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1806 on: October 20, 2017, 03:07:56 PM »

That's the Pentagon Armor, not the Extremis Armor. Gosh guys, what a bunch of fake fans. Wink

Joking aside, I wonder what does the use of that armor mean. Initially, I thought it was just a call-back to Adi Granov's covers with the Pentagon Armor, but the armor is also used in the covers to issues #594 (its silhouette) and #595 (its helmet).

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: