Advanced Iron Home
September 25, 2017, 05:38:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 386142 times)
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1785 on: July 25, 2017, 11:36:55 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (7/25):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #10 ($3.99): All you’ve ever wanted to know about Doom’s witchy momma is told here as the Iron Despot, still reeling from a vision of Tony as sorcerer supreme, goes after his mom and her ultimate Reed Richards playmate.

SECRET EMPIRE #7 (OF 10) ($3.99): Ant-Man a traitor (wasn’t Bobbi), Thor back on the side of the good guys, and Hulk back from the dead and truly pissed.  Nope, none of them are the most remarkable things about this mini.  What is you ask?  The fact that we have two issues in two weeks.  When does that happen? 

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION OPERATION GALACTIC STORM TP ($39.99): Previously available only as two separate trades, this awesome crossover stands as one of Marvel’s best stories ever.  Witness the Avengers take on aliens of all kind (and each other).  Collects: AVENGERS (1963) #345-347, AVENGERS WEST COAST #80-82, QUASAR #32-34, WONDER MAN (1991) #7-9, IRON MAN (1968) #278-279, THOR (1966) #445-446, CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #401 and material from CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #398-400.

Also:
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #19 SE ($3.99)
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #10 ($3.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us some new avenging.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and even audio book Agent Scully is still somehow sexy.     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1786 on: August 01, 2017, 11:34:24 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/2):

AVENGERS #10 SE ($3.99): Hydra Avengers are go!  The God formally known as Thor joins Deadpool, Taskmaster, Dock Ock, one of the Ant-Men (I swear there are more ant people than Spider people now) a possessed Wanda and a hacked Vision as the new Hydra Avengers.  What’s sad is , besides Taskmaster, all of these people are actually former Avengers. 

GENERATIONS BANNER HULK & TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 ($4.99): The first of this new “not” event that will pair new heroes with their OG namesakes.  How I got no clue, but these could be fun.  Stand alone time travel stories usually are.  Think of them like Twilight Zones episodes.  This Hulk one is by Greg Pak.  Peter David might have been a better choice just for the old-time feel, but Pak has more experience with the new Hulk.   

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #4 ($3.99): Vader fell off a cliff.  Cliffs can’t kill Vader.  I mean long drops can kill Sith lords, but if lava didn’t work, cliff ain’t going to either. 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us another Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Star Trek Enterprise really bit the first two seasons. 
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #1787 on: August 02, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »

Yeah, Enterprise really had trouble finding it's footing the 1st couple of seasons. But, in spite of how it started with the space Nazi's & all, the 4th season showed it finally had gotten on it's feet! Only to be cancelled! Such a shame.
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1788 on: August 08, 2017, 08:03:44 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/9):

SECRET EMPIRE #8 (OF 10) SE ($4.99): Natasha is dead at the hands of Hydra Cap.  Is redemption possible?  Of course.  Will it be easier than and far shorter than Tony’s after Civil War?  Of course because he still hasn’t been forgiven.  Hell, he somehow got the bad wrap for Cw2 too. 

GENERATIONS PHOENIX & JEAN GREY #1 ($4.99): Awesome Magneto and current X-Men Blue writer Cullen Bunn writes this tale of two Jeans getting to know one another via time travel (if it’s like the Hulk issue).  Less an event and more just fun one-shots, this issue by Bunn is likely to be good. 

STAR WARS ROGUE ONE CASSIAN & K2SO SPECIAL #1 ($4.99): Excellent crime novelist Duane Swierczynski (seriously, read Canary or The Blonde) and former X-Men writer takes on two of the better additions to the new Star Wars lore.  Before Rogue One, let’s discover how Cassian and K2SO became such a lovely couple. 

Also:
CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 SE ($4.99)
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #11 ($3.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Riri.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Enterprise does get better by the end of season 3, but damn was that was waste of two seasons.       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1789 on: August 15, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/16):

Working overtime so just the titles this week:
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10 ($3.99)
STAR WARS #34 ($3.99)

DARK NIGHTS METAL #1 (OF 6) ($4.99): This is the kickoff to DC’s event about Batmans from different dimensions teaming up to kill everybody. 

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #18 ($3.99)
GENERATIONS WOLVERINE & ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #1 ($4.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and since Tony Stark isn’t a true Stark, does that make him Tony Snow? 

Alexandre Juliao
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #1790 on: August 17, 2017, 04:13:25 PM »

I would also recommend U.S. Avengers # 8 and Ultimates 2 # 100. In these two editions, Al Ewing showed that despite what Marvel insists so much on asserting, it is not difficult to write Tony Stark at all. Ewing even managed to turn Ultimate Tony Stark into a rounded and interesting character, unlike that empty and futile guy that Mark Millar came up with.
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1791 on: August 17, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »

I would also recommend U.S. Avengers # 8 and Ultimates 2 # 100. In these two editions, Al Ewing showed that despite what Marvel insists so much on asserting, it is not difficult to write Tony Stark at all. Ewing even managed to turn Ultimate Tony Stark into a rounded and interesting character, unlike that empty and futile guy that Mark Millar came up with.

Ultimate Tony was terrible in almost every iteration.  There were moments of humor with Millar, but ultimately it was awful.... and I was excited about Scott Card's stuff at the time, but it never paid off, and I liked the "brain skin Tony" direction only a little more than I've liked the alien baby adoption retcon which has been awful.

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1792 on: August 17, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »

Holy cow.

Bendis really just had Riri Williams, 15 year-old rookie superhero, transform the war-torn nation of Latveria into a democracy by overthrowing its dictator, ending a civil war, and negotiating with S.H.I.E.L.D.

This is a thing that just happened. An actual story in an Iron Man book involves Tony Stark's replacement that isn't even old enough to drive defeating a powerful villain, declaring herself a monarch, being recognized by the military as such, and then solving all of the nation's issues with an international peacekeeping organization, essentially doing the thing said organization failed to do for years.

Only one more issue until the road to Tony Stark's return begins. Thank God.

And also the digital-first mini he co-wrote, Iron Man: Fatal Frontier. Ever since it came out, I've been praying Ewing is handed over the Iron Man title(s).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:17:36 PM by ADour » Logged

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1793 on: August 17, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »

Holy cow.

Bendis really just had Riri Williams, 15 year-old rookie superhero, transform the war-torn nation of Latveria into a democracy by overthrowing its dictator, ending a civil war, and negotiating with S.H.I.E.L.D.

This is a thing that just happened. An actual story in an Iron Man book involves Tony Stark's replacement that isn't even old enough to drive defeating a powerful villain, declaring herself a monarch, being recognized by the military as such, and then solving all of the nation's issues with an international peacekeeping organization, essentially doing the thing said organization failed to do for years.

And also the digital-first mini he co-wrote, Iron Man: Fatal Frontier. Ever since it came out, I've been praying Ewing is handed over the Iron Man title(s).

I haven't read Iron Man in years now to even be outraged or insulted anymore. I'm not sure that too many people from A.I. read the books anymore actually, and from the forum activity it appears that interest in the character is at an all time low, at least for the die-hards.

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1794 on: August 18, 2017, 12:50:47 AM »

Holy cow.

I haven't read Iron Man in years now to even be outraged or insulted anymore. I'm not sure that too many people from A.I. read the books anymore actually, and from the forum activity it appears that interest in the character is at an all time low, at least for the die-hards.

I don't think this has to do with the character but the platform. Forum communities in general have become obsolete with the rise of social networks. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Discord and stuff of the like is getting used more and more while forums like this are being left behind. To be honest, I had second thoughts about joining this forum back in 2013 due to the low level of activity I had already noticed back then (I lurked the forums for a while before hitting the "Register" button.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1795 on: August 22, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/23):

SECRET EMPIRE #9 (OF 10) SE ($4.99): Namor saved Bucky as the two of them team up with Tony's resistance squad to take out Hydra Cap.  Meanwhile real Cap is starting to wake up from the deep recesses of Hydra Cap's mind and realize all ain't good in the hood.  Meanwhile, Bird Cap is back in the h... nope... not going to say 'hood.'  And you can't make me. 

GENERATIONS UNWORTHY THOR & MIGHTY THOR #1 ($4.99): Not sure what's so special about this issue since Aaron writes both Thors every month, but it might be cool seeing Jane meet up with a young Thor.  So far these "Generations" one-shots have been fun stories, so I'm sure this is worth a look even if you haven't (like me) been reading Thor. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Iron Doom and the end of Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and episode by episode Iron Fist just keeps begging me to hit him.       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1796 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:50 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/30):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #11 ($3.99): Iron Doom takes on his momma and evil Reed, only after a self-imposed timeout in a SHIELD bunker.  Like it’s predecessor, this title is seemingly on it’s way out.  That’s actually too bad because it’s a pretty good series. 

SECRET EMPIRE #10 (OF 10) SE ($4.99): So OG Cap is just a memory kept alive by the cosmic cube, but now it looks like he’s about to materialize and take out Hydra Cap.  While not nearly as good as Infinity or Secret Wars, Secret Empire is a solid event provided this issue delivers.   

STAR WARS JEDI REPUBLIC MACE WINDU #1 (OF 5) ($3.99): Windu gets the spotlight now.  I’m not sure about this creative team (I don’t know who they are), but Marvel has done a good job recruiting talent for their SW books. 

Also:
STAR WARS #35 ($3.99)
GENERATIONS HAWKEYE & HAWKEYE #1 ($4.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Iron Man Generations.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and seeing Iron Man in the theaters for $5 is like an early X-Mas present.     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1797 on: September 05, 2017, 08:16:18 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (9/6):

GENERATIONS IRON MAN & IRONHEART #1 ($4.99): Unlike the other Generations books, it seems Riri isn't going to visit past Tony, but the future one as she teams up with a Tony who is now the Sorcerer Supreme.  While this seems more like an Infamous story than a Riri story, the other chapters have been fun.

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #5 ($3.99) & STAR WARS DARTH VADER BY GILLEN AND LARROCA OMNIBUS HC ($100.00): The new Vader book is good, but the last series, now in omnibus form, was one actually worthy of the honor.  Great art paired with a story that felt more Star Wars than the majority of the Dark Horse books of the last few years (of which there were many good ones).  As I always suggest, bargain hunt for this, maybe even wait a few months for a price drop, but it is well worth even full price.  Collecting DARTH VADER #1-25 and ANNUAL #1, STAR WARS: VADER DOWN and STAR WARS (2015) #13-14. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us the true end of Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Destiny 2 is waiting for me.       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1798 on: September 12, 2017, 08:50:58 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (9/13):

AVENGERS BY BENDIS COMPLETE COLLECTION TP VOL 01 ($39.99): They have been slowly collecting the entire Bendis run which includes this Heroic Age arc featuring Tony with the Infinity Gauntlet.  While this run (the Bendis run as a whole I mean) was hampered by way too many tie-in issues, the arcs that happened between events, the proper Avenger stories, were pretty solid.  Collecting AVENGERS PRIME #1-5, AVENGERS (2010) #1-12 and ANNUAL (2012) #1 and NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL (2011) #1.   

SECRET EMPIRE OMEGA #1 SE ($4.99): The true end of this event as Cap faces a defeated Hydra-Cap in a issue that, from a previews stance, seems to recall the CW confession issue with Tony and Cap.  The event itself just kinda stopped rather than end, so this really should be considered issue #11.

STAR WARS #36 ($3.99): Aaron’s run is ending as R2 takes center stage as he plays Michael Myers to a Star Destroyer full of Stormtroopers. 

RUNAWAYS #1 ($3.99): Here we go again.  To be fair, that comment is trolling because Marvel has taken pretty good care of this property.  It doesn’t return often, but when it does, it’s worth it.

Also:
GENERATIONS CAPT MARVEL & CAPT MAR-VELL #1 ($4.99)
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #12 ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us new Riri.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I'm still in Destiny 2.   

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1799 on: September 19, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (9/20):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #11 ($3.99): Before real Tony returns, we get our first real look at Tony’s mom since the end of the International series.  Given that this is a prologue issue (filler) before the Legacy arc, this is of course going to be a talky, but it’ll be nice to see a spotlight on Mary Jane as well who was a big splash towards the marketing of this series, but has done little since her debut. 

Also:
AVENGERS #11 SE ($3.99)
GENERATIONS MS MARVEL & MS MARVEL #1 ($4.99)
JOURNEY SW LAST JEDI CAPT PHASMA #2 (OF 4)($3.99)
STAR WARS ANNUAL #3 ($4.99)
STAR WARS POE DAMERON #19   ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us the final Iron Doom.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Khan on the big screen is the best Khan ever.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: