Advanced Iron Home
August 17, 2017, 06:29:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 381871 times)
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1785 on: July 25, 2017, 11:36:55 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (7/25):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #10 ($3.99): All you’ve ever wanted to know about Doom’s witchy momma is told here as the Iron Despot, still reeling from a vision of Tony as sorcerer supreme, goes after his mom and her ultimate Reed Richards playmate.

SECRET EMPIRE #7 (OF 10) ($3.99): Ant-Man a traitor (wasn’t Bobbi), Thor back on the side of the good guys, and Hulk back from the dead and truly pissed.  Nope, none of them are the most remarkable things about this mini.  What is you ask?  The fact that we have two issues in two weeks.  When does that happen? 

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION OPERATION GALACTIC STORM TP ($39.99): Previously available only as two separate trades, this awesome crossover stands as one of Marvel’s best stories ever.  Witness the Avengers take on aliens of all kind (and each other).  Collects: AVENGERS (1963) #345-347, AVENGERS WEST COAST #80-82, QUASAR #32-34, WONDER MAN (1991) #7-9, IRON MAN (1968) #278-279, THOR (1966) #445-446, CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #401 and material from CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #398-400.

Also:
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #19 SE ($3.99)
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #10 ($3.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us some new avenging.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and even audio book Agent Scully is still somehow sexy.     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1786 on: August 01, 2017, 11:34:24 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/2):

AVENGERS #10 SE ($3.99): Hydra Avengers are go!  The God formally known as Thor joins Deadpool, Taskmaster, Dock Ock, one of the Ant-Men (I swear there are more ant people than Spider people now) a possessed Wanda and a hacked Vision as the new Hydra Avengers.  What’s sad is , besides Taskmaster, all of these people are actually former Avengers. 

GENERATIONS BANNER HULK & TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 ($4.99): The first of this new “not” event that will pair new heroes with their OG namesakes.  How I got no clue, but these could be fun.  Stand alone time travel stories usually are.  Think of them like Twilight Zones episodes.  This Hulk one is by Greg Pak.  Peter David might have been a better choice just for the old-time feel, but Pak has more experience with the new Hulk.   

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #4 ($3.99): Vader fell off a cliff.  Cliffs can’t kill Vader.  I mean long drops can kill Sith lords, but if lava didn’t work, cliff ain’t going to either. 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us another Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Star Trek Enterprise really bit the first two seasons. 
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #1787 on: August 02, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »

Yeah, Enterprise really had trouble finding it's footing the 1st couple of seasons. But, in spite of how it started with the space Nazi's & all, the 4th season showed it finally had gotten on it's feet! Only to be cancelled! Such a shame.
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1788 on: August 08, 2017, 08:03:44 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/9):

SECRET EMPIRE #8 (OF 10) SE ($4.99): Natasha is dead at the hands of Hydra Cap.  Is redemption possible?  Of course.  Will it be easier than and far shorter than Tony’s after Civil War?  Of course because he still hasn’t been forgiven.  Hell, he somehow got the bad wrap for Cw2 too. 

GENERATIONS PHOENIX & JEAN GREY #1 ($4.99): Awesome Magneto and current X-Men Blue writer Cullen Bunn writes this tale of two Jeans getting to know one another via time travel (if it’s like the Hulk issue).  Less an event and more just fun one-shots, this issue by Bunn is likely to be good. 

STAR WARS ROGUE ONE CASSIAN & K2SO SPECIAL #1 ($4.99): Excellent crime novelist Duane Swierczynski (seriously, read Canary or The Blonde) and former X-Men writer takes on two of the better additions to the new Star Wars lore.  Before Rogue One, let’s discover how Cassian and K2SO became such a lovely couple. 

Also:
CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 SE ($4.99)
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #11 ($3.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Riri.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Enterprise does get better by the end of season 3, but damn was that was waste of two seasons.       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1789 on: August 15, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (8/16):

Working overtime so just the titles this week:
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10 ($3.99)
STAR WARS #34 ($3.99)

DARK NIGHTS METAL #1 (OF 6) ($4.99): This is the kickoff to DC’s event about Batmans from different dimensions teaming up to kill everybody. 

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #18 ($3.99)
GENERATIONS WOLVERINE & ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #1 ($4.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and since Tony Stark isn’t a true Stark, does that make him Tony Snow? 

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: