Advanced Iron Home
November 23, 2017, 04:28:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 392689 times)
Iron Guy
Modular Armor

« Reply #1770 on: May 08, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »

Same here. If anything could snap Tony out of his coma, then Earth being run by Captain Evil (TM pending) should be able to do it.
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1771 on: May 09, 2017, 09:06:53 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (5/10):

AVENGERS #7 ($3.99): Iron Doom joins the team, but considering he is not the type to be taking orders from Spidey or Bird-Cap, I thinking there is gonna be some slight disagreements over who leads the team.  While this move is sorta left field, it worked surprisingly well when Magneto joined the X-Men a few years ago and took orders from Cyclops.  Also, Phil Noto provides art here which is a welcome relief. 

STAR WARS SCREAMING CITADEL #1 ($4.99): Vader's hot doc joins Luke and company in a oddly under the radar crossover story that will more than likely will be good considering, aside from the underwhelming but still enjoyable enough Poe series, these new SW books have been hit the mark. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us some secrets and a new IM collection.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I wrote my dissertation of what dingoes eat other than babies.         
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1772 on: May 16, 2017, 08:25:09 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (5/17):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #7 ($3.99): RiRi is still fighting tech ninjas as the Marvel U. continues to discover who she is.  While a decent story so far, I still see zero reason why Stark had to be put out of this.  You’d think they’d want to parallel the MCU mentorship Tony has with Spider-Man.

IRON MAN DIRECTOR OF SHIELD COMPLETE COLLECTION TP ($39.99): Collecting  IRON MAN: DIRECTOR OF S.H.I.E.L.D. 15-32 & ANNUAL 1, this book returns back to a post CW Marvel U where Tony runs SHIELD and takes on a number of tech threats in a Tom Clancy/Jason Bourne style.  Also, this book includes “Haunted” which is, for my money, is the best Iron Man story since 2005 at least.  

SECRET EMPIRE #2 (OF 9) ($4.99): Cap is Hydra, runs the world, and has Thor’s hammer.  So, this poopoo ain’t good.  Also, is A.I. Tony the key to figuring this thing out?  Kinda sounds like it.  

STAR WARS #31 ($3.99): Luke and Aphra are gonna meet a Jedi master.  Isn’t he one movie too early for this?  

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Iron Doom.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and ab muscles are surprisingly easy to strain.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1773 on: May 23, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (5/24):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #8 ($3.99): Let me get this straight, in a Doom Vs Richards scenario, I'm supposed to be rooting for Doom?  Normally, that would be weird, yeah.  But this Richards is "doing business" with Doom's mom, so I say Doom has every right to Muhammad Ali the fool.

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us more Hydra Cap.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Whedon + DC seems like a terrible fit.     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1774 on: May 30, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (5/31):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN TP VOL 01 INFAMOUS ($17.99): The first collection of Iron Doom stories.  Done by the team behind "International Iron Man," this series follows Doom as he takes on Tony's mantle to both honor his fallen friend and redeem himself for years of misdeeds. Like the previous book, it's a slow burn when read from month to month, but very solid story telling.  Collected, it should be a satisfying read.  Despite reservations I once had, I have to give it a recommendation.

SECRET EMPIRE #3 (OF 10) ($3.99): So it seems there is another Steve Rogers running around who remembers (sorta) being a hero and America winning WW2.  My guess is he'll somehow merge with Hydra-Cap to end this like DC did with the New 52 Superman and the Pre-Flashpoint Superman although that was pretty awkward (and unnecessary).  Will Tony and his team find this new/old Rogers before everything falls apart? 

SECRET EMPIRE UPRISING #1 ($4.99): Widow and the young Champions want to kill Hydra Cap.  I guess these kids aren't much better than the adults, are they?  At least the New Mutants had the decency to give themselves an extreme name before going to such lengths. 

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #7 ($3.99): Han gets a preview of Bespin hospitality as he, Leia, and Han's wife search for Luke and Aphra who have been captured by an evil queen.  So maybe this is why they didn't hype this crossover that much...

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Vader.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I give it 6 months until we are all overrun by Funko POPs.             
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1775 on: June 06, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (6/7):

AVENGERS #8 ($3.99): When you need to take out an Avenger, it’s time to recruit a dangerous member.  Iron Doom to the rescue as the team faces Avenger X… yeah I don’t know who that is either but from what I gather, we’re supposed to be scared of her.     

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #1 ($4.99): Ever wonder how and when Vader crafted his red saber?  Yeah, me either, but Charles Soule is writing this new title, and while he has some big shoes to fill (the last run is omnibus worthy), Soule has turned in great Star Wars books in the past.

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #9 (OF 9) ($5.99): Like all Miller titles, this went bat-shat crazy, but he made Batman young again, so that’s cool.

BATMAN #24 ($2.99): Speaking of the Bat, you might have already read about this crazy (but probably retconned pretty soon) development on the net, so it might be a good read. 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us more Star Wars. For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Wonder Woman was good but lets not get too carried away America.     

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1776 on: June 09, 2017, 02:03:15 AM »

Batman #24 is super interesting stuff. Makes me wish I would've followed this volume because I loved what DC was doing with Rebirth. The only problem is that I dropped so many Marvel books and ordered the DCBS package deals on Rebirth that I've read half of what I ordered and then dropped orders because I didn't read the books to keep my interest in DC.

Ironically, I don't even care that I've dropped Marvel, and without any visual cues to stir my interest in their upcoming "back to basics" relaunches, I've basically only been buying some back issues now and again lately. I've been on a vintage Warlock kick and picked up high grade CGC copies of Capullo's Batman and #100 - 150 era X-Men books.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1777 on: June 09, 2017, 04:46:00 PM »

Batman #24 is super interesting stuff. Makes me wish I would've followed this volume because I loved what DC was doing with Rebirth. The only problem is that I dropped so many Marvel books and ordered the DCBS package deals on Rebirth that I've read half of what I ordered and then dropped orders because I didn't read the books to keep my interest in DC.

Ironically, I don't even care that I've dropped Marvel, and without any visual cues to stir my interest in their upcoming "back to basics" relaunches, I've basically only been buying some back issues now and again lately. I've been on a vintage Warlock kick and picked up high grade CGC copies of Capullo's Batman and #100 - 150 era X-Men books.

I read the first 10 or so issues of the current Batman run, but just could not get into it.  Batman has been mopey in the past, but writer Tom King really upped that to a frustrating degree.  It reminded me of Fraction's Iron Man so much that I had to drop it.  Of course Snyder's run was so smacking good (aside from the Zero Year arc which ran wayyy too long) that it's hard to live up to it. 

Rebirth so far has been good but to the same extent the New 52 was at this same point.  A few excellent books with a number of mediocre/forgettable ones that somehow manage (to DC's advantage) go unnoticed.
The Superman books are the best they have been possibly ever.  Titans is a fun return (somewhat) to the old Wolfman\Perez stuff.  Green Arrow is fun as is Green Lanterns (the Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz book).  Aside from those, the others I have read range from ok to wasteful. 

I do still highly recommend the Superman books.  While the highly touted "Superman Reborn" story line (the merging of the pre-flashpoint Lois and Clark and the their New 52 counterpoints) was unnecessary, all the other arcs are fun with great character moments.           
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1778 on: June 11, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »

Of course Snyder's run was so smacking good (aside from the Zero Year arc which ran wayyy too long) that it's hard to live up to it.

That and Gordon running around in a robotic Bunny suit was pretty lame.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1779 on: June 13, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (6/14):

SECRET EMPIRE #4 (OF 10) ($3.99): Falcon meets up with real (?) Cap while Widow and her team of kids are one step closer to taking Hydra Cap out Old Yeller style. 

STAR WARS #32 ($3.99): It’s up to the ladies to save the day (the norm for Star Wars these days) as Luke and Han fall under the spell of the evil queen all while a rabid wookie tears crap up. 

DARK DAYS THE FORGE #1 ($4.99): DC’s first real big event since the Rebirth started has DC’s heroes after Batman as they suspect Bruce is hiding a dark secret.  No kidding.  I guess they don’t remember the OMAC story yet.  By Snyder, Tynion, Kubert, Romita, and Jim Lee (no more than 3 pages probably). 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Riri.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and this must be Bizarro world because Nintendo might just have won the E3 show.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1780 on: June 20, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (6/21):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #8 ($3.99): Riri looks to make a name for herself as she begins putting herself in the public eye.  Yes, that has been the solict for the last eight issues, but that’s what happens when your book is a 12 issue intro storyline that follows a about eight issues of intro in the previous volume.  Granted, it’s been actually pretty decent, but just name her Ironheart already since we know this book will either be rebooted or retitled when Tony returns during the Legacy event coming soon.

Also:

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN IRONHEART PREM HC VOL 01 RIRI WILLIAMS ($24.99)
STAR WARS DARTH MAUL #4 (OF 5) $3.99
STAR WARS DARTH VADER #2  ($3.99)
STAR WARS POE DAMERON ANNUAL #1 ASRAR VAR ($4.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Iron Doom and more Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and thanks to Wizard Con, I can say I had a conversation with Kate Beckinsale and damn is that woman seriously stunning in real life.   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1781 on: June 27, 2017, 06:34:42 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (6/28):

Typhon is injured this week so just the titles:

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #9 ($3.99)

SECRET EMPIRE #5 (OF 10) ($3.99)

Also: 3 SW books arrive, Aphra, Poe, and a Droids special.

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us more Star Wars.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and even a giant screen can't save the new TF film.   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1782 on: July 04, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (7/5):

AVENGERS #9 SE ($3.99): While real Thor is one of Hydra Cap's flunkies (although he really feels like crap about it, the poor baby, yes he does) Lady Thor has gone missing... I guess... honestly, I forgot all about her and didn't realize she was gone... anyway, this issue answers the question on every one's (not mine) mind of just where the asgard is she? 

AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 ($125.00): I typically don't comment on omnibuses because they are so flippin expensive which this one is (so please price hunt or wait until it falls a bit on ebay which it will because I have gotten a number of these for under $50), but this run I was a great fan of.  Hickman took the Avengers cosmic which was a huge turn from the street level feel Bendis had.  With great art, a huge roster of characters and massive ideas, Hickman's Avengers was fun and deeper than the book had been in awhile.  This book collects nit just the first 23 issues of the main boook, but the 1-12 issues of the Iron Man centric New Avengers as well as the awesome "Infinity" event series which pitted the team against a race of alien conquerors.  Not a book you will regret buying.  Collects: AVENGERS (2012) #1-23, NEW AVENGERS (2013) #1-12, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013 (INFINITY) #1, INFINITY #1-6, INFINITY: AGAINST THE TIDE INFINITE COMIC #1-2, ASTONISHING TALES: MOJOWORLD #1-6 and material from SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU (2009) #1.     

STAR WARS #33 ($3.99): Luke and Leia are stranded on a strange planet.  And no, this isn't "Splinter of the Mind's Eye," but it should totally be.  That book was fantastic and would actually fit into the new continuity. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Vader.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I got my Spidey tickets.   

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1783 on: July 11, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (7/12):

It's a star wars week since both IM and Secret Empire have the week off.

STAR WARS DARTH VADER #3 ($3.99): In his search for justification, Vader hunts a rogue Jedi who survived Order 66.  Is it me or doed it seem like you could start a new Jedi order with just the ones who survived the purge?  I mean it's like there's one on every planet.

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #9 ($3.99): Having lost Luke's friendship and trust (for the whole two issues she had it), Aphra tries to fill that emotional hole with something we all know works: money.  I mean, that's guaranteed to work, right?

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us new Riri and Hydra Cap.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Amazon Prime day still sucks.     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1784 on: July 18, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (7/19):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #9 ($3.99): Riri goes to Latveria (a regular spot for her it seems since she’s hanging out there in the Infamous book too but with Doomy) to take on Lucia Von Bardas (who totally needs a real villain name because she sounds more like an evil cartoon masseuse) who wants the place for herself.  Is Riri over her head with this one?  Probably, but I’m sure she’ll make it out.  Besides, they haven’t even called her Ironheart yet.  Have they?  In fact, do they even call her Iron Man?  What the Yoda do they call her?

SECRET EMPIRE #6 (OF 10) ($4.99): So Mockingbird works for Hydra and just betrayed the entire resistance.  This is because her ABC pilot got cancelled, isn’t it?  Damn, I fear what the cast of CBS’s Doubt will do.  That Heigl lady can be vicious.  Oh, and Red Skull is back and knows what’s wrong with Cap. 

Also:
STAR WARS DARTH MAUL #5 (OF 5) ($3.99)
STAR WARS POE DAMERON #17 ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us new Iron Doom.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and the new Spidey movie and the new Apes movie make for a fun but odd double feature.     
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: