Advanced Iron Home
July 21, 2017, 11:38:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 379055 times)
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1755 on: March 28, 2017, 09:10:24 PM »

Oh, yeah, Black Widow's series is ending. Both Samnee and Waid confirmed their run was intended to be 12 issues. It's a pity, I would've loved to see them pull a Daredevil with her. They should at least have gotten a new creative team to continue the series.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1756 on: April 04, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (4/5):

AVENGERS #6 ($3.99): The Kang war is still on.  How?  HOW?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #15 ($3.99): Hydra Cap is a mission to take down Red Skull who thinks he is in charge… until Cap catches up to him.  Does Skull still have Xavier’s brain?  Is that still a thing?   

STAR WARS #30 ($3.99): Skywalker fights Mountain people in a series that, oddly enough, is vastly superior to the final Dark Horse series set in the same timeline.  That one ran out of gas around issue #20. 

STAR WARS ROGUE ONE ADAPTATION #1 (OF 6) ($4.99):
Unlike the lackluster Episode 7 adaptation, this series promises to include scenes deleted from the actual film.  Not the radically different 3rd act, but small pieces here and there.  Something new at least. 

X-MEN GOLD #1 ($4.99): Kitty runs the X-Men in the new flagship book that is spiritual successor to the original Uncanny book during the 90’s Blue and Gold era. 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us more Star Wars. For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and the Mass Effect Andromeda glitches seem to be keeping their distance from me.   

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1757 on: April 04, 2017, 10:38:41 PM »

LOL.... "Avengers #6".
-facepalms-

I haven't bought an Avengers book since whatever volume it was where I think they rebooted (or began.... whatever) "Mighty Avengers" and Bagley was drawing it. I think there was a Thanos issue or two early in that run. I'm not even sure what volume of Avengers "Avengers #6" accounts for.

But hey, it's less confusing to the readership this way....

-facepalms-

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1758 on: April 07, 2017, 05:18:09 AM »

The Kang War was pretty enjoyable, but the acts felt disjointed, which really made it feel like an eternity. Anyhow, can't wait for next issue. Iron Doom joins the team!

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #1759 on: April 08, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »

The Kang War was pretty enjoyable

Wasn't that a very long arc from Busiek's volume 3 run?

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1760 on: April 08, 2017, 12:01:02 PM »

The Kang War was pretty enjoyable

Wasn't that a very long arc from Busiek's volume 3 run?

I think that one was called Kang Dynasty.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1761 on: April 11, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (4/12):

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #6 ($3.99): Aphra and her poppa have unearthed (unyavined?) something possibly sinister on Yavin, and it’s going all killy. 

X-MEN BLUE #1 ($4.99): If X-Men Gold is the new version of the 90’s Uncanny team, this Blue group is… well… the X-Men blue team from the 90’s… with young Jean leading her team of the time-displaced All-New X-Men.  All while under the direction of Magneto.  So this is less 90’s X-Men and more 80’s New Mutants?  Still, I can live with that. 

WEAPON X #1 ($3.99): This has Domino in it.  That is enough for me. 

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us the unofficial start of Secret Empire. For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I can't read stardates.       
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1762 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (4/19):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6 ($3.99): The world knows about Riri now, so it's up to Force Ghost Tony, Friday, Tony's rocker mom, Mary Jane, and Pepper Potts to get her battle ready.  If only there were a cool, ex-military officer with Iron Man armor experience to help her out too.  I bet she'd really benefit from that.

SECRET EMPIRE #0 (OF 9) ($4.99) & CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #16 ($3.99): Over the past year or so, Hydra Cap has slowly manipulated his way into power.  Now he reveals his plans for the world.  It seems someone has been taking Palpatine lessons. 

Also:
STAR WARS POE DAMERON #13     

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Iron Doom.   For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I can't see this new event being Cap's 4th film.   
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1763 on: April 22, 2017, 03:16:50 AM »

Secret Empire's first issue (or rather, zero issue) was pretty great, but I'm really really confused about Iron Man.

He's using A.I. Tony's speech bubble format.

But there are clearly hints of a human face beneath the faceplate.

But if he's the real Tony, why is he just there? You'd expect if they wanted to bring Tony back, they'd have make it in a much more impressive way than just having him there.

I need answers... Huh

Borjigin
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #1764 on: April 22, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »

Isn't the answer obvious? The writer of this story neither knows nor cares about the status of Stark in his own book. He wanted to use "classic" Stark, so "classic" Stark is there. Might as well ask why Stark had no hints of his Extremis abilities during the first Civil War and its aftermath. Even had absurd things like Stark using verbal commands to activate weapon's abilities, something he didn't even need pre-extremis. Did matter, the writer wanted a Stark who was relatively low-powered and in need of slow verbal commands so he could justify jobbing him out. So that's the way it was. There is no continuity anymore, just writers doing their own thing and editors sometimes coming up with half-assed No-Prize kludges.
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1765 on: April 22, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »

Isn't the answer obvious? The writer of this story neither knows nor cares about the status of Stark in his own book. He wanted to use "classic" Stark, so "classic" Stark is there. Might as well ask why Stark had no hints of his Extremis abilities during the first Civil War and its aftermath. Even had absurd things like Stark using verbal commands to activate weapon's abilities, something he didn't even need pre-extremis. Did matter, the writer wanted a Stark who was relatively low-powered and in need of slow verbal commands so he could justify jobbing him out. So that's the way it was. There is no continuity anymore, just writers doing their own thing and editors sometimes coming up with half-assed No-Prize kludges.

Nick Spencer (the writer of this story) wrote the CWII epilogue which centered around Tony's comatose state.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1766 on: April 25, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (4/26):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #7 ($3.99): Iron Doom takes on a load of villains in this tale that includes something more infamous than Victor himself: Bendis once again trying make Parker Robbins, The Hood" relevant.  Please man, just no.

STAR WARS DARTH MAUL #3 (OF 5) ($3.99): Maul meets Cad Bane.  Anyone who watched Clone Wars knows the awesomeness of this. 

BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #1 ($3.99): Peter David brings us new stories of the only good thing to come out of Spidey's 90's clone debacle.  After a failed plan to bring dead people back to life, Ben Reilly looks for a new purpose in life.  David is a fantastic and iconic writer, so you are assured quality.  Why he never gets a high profile book is anybody's guess.  Maybe it's because he hates events and writing tie-ins?

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us a Secret Empire.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Alien Nation was good show.     
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1767 on: May 02, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (5/3):

Don't forget that Free Comic Book day is this weekend as is Guardians 2.

ALL NEW GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #1 ($3.99): Quill and his team are minus any other Marvel heroes this time as they head back to the stars after a Civil War 2 hiatus on Earth.  Free from Bendis’s sometimes enjoyable but fluff filled direction, Gary Duggan and Aaron Kruder take the team back to space. 

JEAN GREY #1 ($3.99): Former X-scribe Dennis Hopeless introduces teenage Jean, new leader of the young X-Men, to the Phoenix.  They say ongoing, and props to them if they make it long enough to really be considered one, but I give this 20 issues at max.   

SECRET EMPIRE #1 (OF 9) ($4.99): Hydra Cap has taken over New York and… well… Earth really as he has control of SHIELD and a forcefield around the planet, stranding Earth’s strongest heroes on the other side.  With Doom now an Avenger, is Cap here to take his place?  Probably not with Legacy on the way, but let’s enjoy this hopefully good event while we can.

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Doom in the Avengers.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I am rocking Awesome Mix Vol. 2. 

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #1768 on: May 05, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »

"All New Guardians of the Galaxy #1".

-facepalms-

lmao!  Cheesy

JDD01
Silver Centurion

Artist of Armors

« Reply #1769 on: May 06, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »