Advanced Iron Home
November 24, 2017, 11:19:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 392794 times)
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1740 on: January 31, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (2/1):

Typhon is down with a bug so just two titles this week.

STAR WARS #28 ($3.99)

STAR WARS DARTH MAUL #1 (OF 5) ($4.99)

MONSTERS UNLEASHED #2 (OF 5) ($4.99)

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us new Widow.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I can't count. 
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1741 on: February 01, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »

Has anyone been reading Monsters Unleashed?

Personally, I'm loving it. No convoluted mess of a plot. No attempts at being deep. No hero vs. hero. No myriad of tie-ins that disrupt the ongoing story of their books. Just a summer blockbuster in comic form.

It's the antithesis of Civil War II, basically.

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1742 on: February 01, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »

Personally, I'm loving it. No convoluted mess of a plot. No attempts at being deep. No hero vs. hero. No myriad of tie-ins that disrupt the ongoing story of their books. Just a summer blockbuster in comic form.

If you read Bleeding Cool's weekly order summary which pulls feedback from various brick 'n mortar retailers, it sounds like Monster's Unleashed is one of the few Marvel titles to break into the top ten at the end user level of sales.  And even then, it was only a few stores here and there.

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1743 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:15 PM »

If you read Bleeding Cool's weekly order summary which pulls feedback from various brick 'n mortar retailers, it sounds like Monster's Unleashed is one of the few Marvel titles to break into the top ten at the end user level of sales.  And even then, it was only a few stores here and there.

I don't expect Monsters Unleashed to do as good as other bigger-scale events. Even though it features giantic monsters, it was meant to be more of a filler. I mean, it lasts only for two months and has merely eight single-issue tie-ins. It's also a step back from the Things Will Never Be The Same Again™ shtick from usual events, and as much as people hate these types of book, they sell really well.

Though, I wouldn't mind if its performace at sales charts exceeded my expectations. A story like this doing well could send Marvel the right message.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1744 on: February 07, 2017, 09:18:55 PM »

Hello Iron Fans, Typhon here with your weekly Iron Man reading list. As usual, I will list which IM titles are hitting shops this week as well as other related books, and\or appearances that I am aware of.

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (2/8):

BLACK WIDOW #11 ($3.99): So there are a bunch of little homicidal Natashas out there (not a clone thing so don’t be getting those 90’s flashbacks) ready to kill those that need killing (I don’t think they even carry giant Liefield guns) which means Nat has her work cut out for her.  Is anyone else waiting for the story where Nat just opens a school of her own?

IVX #4 (OF 6) ($3.99): The mutants have sent the Inhumans to Limbo which they should be used to because, lets face it, that’s where they been in reality since the 70’s.  Also, Magneto is now savior of the mutants.  Say what you want about Marvel, but that is some damn good character development. 

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #4 ($3.99): Aphra’s on Yavin searching for an ancient temple while outrunning the Imperials who want her dead and should already think she’s dead if they knew it was her and that she was dead. 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us new Pepper and Riri.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and the preceding solicits are fake save the ones that include the letters E, N, and 7.
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1745 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:05 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (2/15):

The Typhon has plans tonight so just the titles this time.

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4 ($3.99)
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #11 ($3.99)
MONSTERS UNLEASHED #3 (OF 5) ($4.99)
STAR WARS POE DAMERON #11 ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us Iron Doomy.   For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Godzilla is always my valentine.   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1746 on: February 21, 2017, 08:33:14 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (2/22):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #5 ($3.99): Bendis must have some mommy issues to explore because, with Tony's rendition of "Are You My Mother" now over, it's Doomy's time.  After hexing Ben Grimm with a molting spell, the witchy witch confronts her son who is not even remotely happy to see her, given that she's dead and all.  Why are comic heroes surprised when people turn out not to be all dead and stuff?  Is her resurrection part of Reed's plan to rebuild the universe?  If so, he better watch out when he gets back to Earth.  If Doomy was as vicious as he was for these past 60+ years because of a scar, imagine the anger now. 

Also:
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #12 ($3.99)
IVX #5 (OF 6) ($3.99)

That's it for this week.  Next week brings us wars and monsters.   For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and that was easy..
Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #1747 on: February 23, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »

Has Doom inexplicably gotten heart damage that requires an arc reactor yet to justify not just calling the book Dr. Doom? ('Cause, ya know, Marvel only ever do things for story reasons. Wink)
ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1748 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »

Has Doom inexplicably gotten heart damage that requires an arc reactor yet to justify not just calling the book Dr. Doom? ('Cause, ya know, Marvel only ever do things for story reasons. Wink)

Well, aside from the kinda weak in-story explanations, Iron Doom simply looks badass. I mean-- I mean:

unf
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:43:17 PM by ADour » Logged

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1749 on: February 28, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (3/1):

AVENGERS #5 ($3.99): The Kang War continues (dear Yoda does it ever end) as the Avengers tardis their way through time and space to end Jang once and for all (for this volume anyway).

MONSTERS UNLEASHED #4 (OF 5) ($4.99): Despite being in every preview for this ever, Iron Man has not been present.  Granted this would probably be RiRi’s show, but still.  I do wonder if there is some kind of pattern here that this, now the second Tony-less event (Secret Wars was the first), is good while the Tony-full events like CW2 sucked sesame chicken.  But yeah, this event is good.

STAR WARS #29 ($3.99): Yoda is still front and center as he takes on a living mountain.  Now this… why can’t they the hell make a stand alone movie out of this? 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us more wars.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and Horizon Zero Dawn is my new obsession. 
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1750 on: March 07, 2017, 02:34:59 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (3/8):

CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #13 ($3.99): The new past is revealed in an issue where Spencer promises to show how Hydra Cap sees his own backstory.  With the cosmic cube involved, I’m guessing none of it is good, but I predict the big change in the past will be that Hydra Cap wanted Bucky dead.  Remember, Zemo is his real best friend in his new warped mind.  Hopefully this turns out better than Spencer’s Morning Glories series which turned into such a convoluted mess that it now has (because it totally needs it) a one page recap at the end that spells what happened, so readers don’t feel stupid. 

IVX #6 (OF 6) ($4.99): Considering the X-Men are about to get a huge line-wide relaunch and the Inhumans are space bound, I think we know how this will end.  Besides, like CW2, there really isn’t a middle ground here.  The Inhumans and their cloud is killing mutants.  It needs to go.  End of sentence.

NEW MUTANTS EPIC COLLECTION TP RENEWAL ($39.99): I am a huge fan of these epic collections, so this volume has me excited.  This is the start of the New Mutants back when Magneto was in charge (although that might not come into effect until Volume 2 but still).  Great stories here by Claremont and Mantlo when they were at the top of their games.  Collecting MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #4, NEW MUTANTS (1983) #1-12, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #167, MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL #6, MAGIK (1983) #1-4 and material from MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #100.

STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #5 ($3.99): The Doc finds a lost Jedi Temple.  Nothing bad ever happens when a devil may care archeologist wanders into a creepy temple, right?   

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us the end of monsters.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and I know I’m human because damn that Logan movie brought too many feels.   

ADour
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #1751 on: March 08, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

I binged the first 40+ issues of Morning Glories in a couple of days and a lot of stuff got me like "Huh?," "Wh-- Oh, yeah, I remember now" and "I... Um, I'll see if the final page recap helps me."

I mean, I like it. But if reading every issue almost consecutively had me like that, I don't want to imagine regular readers who had to wait months between each issue.

Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1752 on: March 14, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (3/15):

MONSTERS UNLEASHED #5 ($4.99): This fun if forgettable event comes to an end.  At least we got some cool art and Fin Fang Foom. 

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #12 ($3.99): So far, Poe’s greatest enemy has been portrayed as this First Order agent named Terex.  In fact, his greatest nemesis has been a lack of charisma.  These bland but well constructed tales continue here as Poe, Threepio, and BB-8 take on Terex while still looking for a traitor within his own squadron.  For a droid that cannot run, you gotta give Threepio credit.  BY now, those golden legs can move.   

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us new new Iron Man.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and if Amazon was never created, would we be dead as a society?   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1753 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:21 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (3/22):

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #5 ($3.99): Riri and Pepper, without their armors, are fighting ninjas.  Yup, Pepper can fight ninjas now.  I guess she's been hiding out in a dojo these past two years.

STAR WARS DARTH MAUL #2 (OF 5) ($3.99): The first issue of this came out so long ago that I can't recall what the Yoda it was about, only it was good.  Also, if you are a Maul fan, be sure to check out the latest episode of Rebels.  It was awesome.

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us new Iron Doom.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and the new Mass Effect is here.   
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1754 on: March 28, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »

Here's what we got for you this Wednesday (3/29):

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #6 ($3.99): While Doom continues to hunt down super baddies, Reed Richards and Doom’s mommy plot against him.  Now my guess is this is Ultimate Reed and not the OG one, but the thought of any Reed aligning himself to be Doom’s stepdaddy is 11 kinds of ewwww.

BLACK WIDOW #12 ($3.99): The rumor is this is the final issue of this series.  If true, Natasha’s war against the new Red Room was fun if derivative.  They really need to find her a new quest.

X-MEN PRIME #1 ($4.99): After surviving the age of Avengers and the age of the Inhumans, the X-Men are primed in this prime issue to become the prime members of whatever all new, different, strange (uncanny?) age Marvel is in now.  From the showrunner of every DCTV show (this is true) comes the story of Kitty Pryde’s ascension to leader of the mutants. 

That’s it for this week.  Next week brings us Avengers.  For the Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread, I'm Typhon, and my Funko Pop Space Ghost is eyeing me funny.   

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: