Advanced Iron Home
September 25, 2017, 05:40:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Covers and Solicits Thread  (Read 386149 times)
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« on: June 12, 2007, 11:25:02 PM »

Although we are posting solicits, I thought that I'd do a thread for upcoming Iron Man covers!

Iron Man #19: Released 6.20.07

Iron Man #20: Released 7.25.07

Iron Man #21: Released 8.??.07

Iron Man Hypervelocity #6: 6.20.07

Marvel Adventures Iron Man #2: 6.20.07

Sometimes it's hard to compile all of these covers because Marvel releases them across different advertising and preview formats.  For example, not all covers appear on the Marvel solicitations this early, although some may appear on places like Newsarama.  Regardless of that, it's like the Force Works era all over again! Iron Man is everwhere and it's great!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:03:48 PM by IMJ » Logged

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:54:48 AM »

I really like the Iron Man: Hypervelocity cover.  The art on that mini has been outstanding.  Hope we get to see more in the future.

I also think the IM #19 cover is bad-ass.  I know I should always be rooting for the guy in the armor, but it's not as though Iron Man doesn't deserve a whoopin' in this case.  I'm really looking forward to World War Hulk.
dlhoskins03
First Red & Gold Armor

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:57:57 AM »

I really like the Iron Man: Hypervelocity cover.  The art on that mini has been outstanding.  Hope we get to see more in the future.

I also think the IM #19 cover is bad-ass.  I know I should always be rooting for the guy in the armor, but it's not as though Iron Man doesn't deserve a whoopin' in this case.  I'm really looking forward to World War Hulk.

I think that the cover looks great, but the story has been really really boring in Hypervelocity.  I'm not a big fan of the arcs that go on outside of the main line(Inevitable was just stupid IMO).

Chaos
Extremis Armor

I Hate Magic

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:29:07 AM »

I'm one of the few that is enjoying the hypervelocity series all around. The villain and the Shield guy are both annoying, and I want both to bite it, but other than that I have liked it. I'm normally not a fan of the shading style the art of teh book it, but I think it and the colors have been done very nicely.

Vic
Administrator
Renaissance Armor

A.I. Publisher/Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:40:43 AM »

The villain and the Shield guy are both annoying

Oh man, AREN'T they though?

I'd like to shove a sock in both their mouths. They'd probably be very happy together exchanging obscure technobabble for the rest of their lives.  Cheesy

Vic

Chaos
Extremis Armor

I Hate Magic

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 09:48:02 AM »

The villain and the Shield guy are both annoying

Oh man, AREN'T they though?

I'd like to shove a sock in both their mouths. They'd probably be very happy together exchanging obscure technobabble for the rest of their lives.  Cheesy

Vic

If I hear that Shield guy say "Tony Ghost" i am going to drive to the writers house and give him a crotch shot. After this series I never want to hear those two words together again.

Vic
Administrator
Renaissance Armor

A.I. Publisher/Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 11:45:08 AM »

LMAO!  Cheesy

Vic

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 01:02:16 AM »

Mighty Avengers #4 versus Iron Men?!: 07.11.07

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 02:18:44 AM »

New Avengers: The Illuminati | 07.18.07

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »

Man, I tell ya, Jim Cheung is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists.  That Illuminati cover is awesome!
Chaos
Extremis Armor

I Hate Magic

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 02:45:09 PM »

Man, I tell ya, Jim Cheung is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists.  That Illuminati cover is awesome!

He still fails to impress me. He's much better than he used to be, and he's not bad, but I'm just not impressed.

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »

What exactly is it that you don't like about his art, Chaos?
Chaos
Extremis Armor

I Hate Magic

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »

What exactly is it that you don't like about his art, Chaos?

I dont dislike it. When he firts came to marvel I thought his art was terrible but he has gotten much better.

I find his faces to be very plain and boring. In that pic below i feel liek I'm looking at the same woman dressed five different ways to be honest. I'm not that big on his details either.

I admit I got spoiled by the Heroes Reborn artists, though I know quite a few people dont care for that highly detailed style of Portacio, Leifeild, Lee, Churchill, etc. I personally love it.

It's not that he's bad, it's just that his work really does nothing for me.

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 11:02:10 PM »

I admit I got spoiled by the Heroes Reborn artists, though I know quite a few people dont care for that highly detailed style of Portacio, Leifeild, Lee, Churchill, etc. I personally love it.

Oh, I have nothing against highly detailed.  It's lack of correct anatomy and good storytelling skills that I have a problem with.  Of the gents you mentioned above, I like Lee and Churchill very much.  The other two I'll give a pass to, as their particular styles strike me more as "throw a whole bunch of lines on the paper and nobody will notice how bad the underlying anatomy and storytelling actually are".  And don't even get me started on Todd McFarlane.

As for Cheung, I'll give you that his faces do tend to all look the same, and that's a fault that I find in many an artist these days.  Faces are something I myself struggle with every day, and that's why most of the characters I draw tend to wear masks.  I do like the way Cheung does his details, though, as it's not overpowering to the storytelling.  There's a point in comics where there's too many details sometimes.

But hey, the best part about comics is that there's a variety of artists out there to suit our tastes.
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 02:50:34 AM »

Oh, I have nothing against highly detailed.  It's lack of correct anatomy and good storytelling skills that I have a problem with.  Of the gents you mentioned above, I like Lee and Churchill very much.  The other two I'll give a pass to, as their particular styles strike me more as "throw a whole bunch of lines on the paper and nobody will notice how bad the underlying anatomy and storytelling actually are".  And don't even get me started on Todd McFarlane.

Although I keep "defending" McFarlane here, I'm honestly not a huge fan of his.  I haven't bought an issue of Spawn since probably issue 13 or so of that series... my only thing about his art, is that at least he makes no qualms about it... he draws caricatures.  That's his thing.  His honestly a caricature artist and just dumbs down the exaggeration just enough that it appears less contorted.  In that regard, I like McFarlane's style, but it wears thin.

The other guys (Liefeld in particular) are just awful artist.  I do like Portacio though in some respects, but there is no in-between with his art.  It's either gorgeous to look at (look at his UXmen run circa the first app of Bishop), or it's deformed (Wetworks).  The same thing goes for his IM v2 run... his panels were at times just great to look at or other times contorted with weird, long necks.  I have a really cool limited Portacio print of Iron Man that is an amazing piece.  Actually, I'll be using it soon as the basis for a very special Advanced Iron project I'm planning.... Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: