Advanced Iron Home
April 17, 2014, 04:30:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 delayed to early 2012?  (Read 1985 times)
Metal Head
Iron Man Tattoo Freak!
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

AI Moderator, Metal Head Column Writer

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »

Thanks, John! I'll check it out.

Heath

Metal Head Movie News Writer
www.advancediron.org
www.heathmcknight.com
Ironghost
Global Moderator
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »

Yay! Liner notes!

Edit: There was a T-Man from Bude? Seriously?  I think JJM and I are the only two people to know where it is!

(36 miles east of Natchez, MS)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:47:30 PM by Ironghost » Logged

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.  -- Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"
Iron Mark
Modular Armor

Iron Man Nerd

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 11:41:50 PM »

Have any of those issues been collected into TPB?

Also, I wish they'd let you pen a Mass Effect series that didn't have to tie in so much with the current video game plot and characters, freedom to tell your own story within that universe. Maybe after 3.  Sad
JohnJacksonMiller
Dons the Original Grey Armor

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »

Just the last two issues of the run have been collected -- most recently in the Disassembled Prelude hardcover:
http://www.farawaypress.com/fiction/books/avengersdisassembledhc.html

Mac Walters' game design role makes it possible to do stories that have important in-universe consequences, so we want to take advantage of that. But like I said, I've increasingly gotten more input as the Mass Effect stories have been going along, and as I've gotten more familiar with the setting.

Ironghost
Global Moderator
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »

Just waiting on number three here.  Have one and two.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.  -- Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"
Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »

Started up a thread to discuss JJM's Iron Man run:

http://www.advancediron.org/forums/index.php/topic,5694.0.html
Metal Head
Iron Man Tattoo Freak!
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

AI Moderator, Metal Head Column Writer

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »

Thanks, Rog! See you guys on that thread (and here, of course, for Mass Effect).

heath

Metal Head Movie News Writer
www.advancediron.org
www.heathmcknight.com
Karyyk
Silver Centurion

Insomnia...

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »

I'm kind of glad, though news of it being "tweaked" to appeal to a larger audience has me a tad worried.

Yeah, me too. Does that mean Mass Effect 2 didn't sell well enough? I'm kind of doubting it. Does this mean that it will just be a linear cover shooter with interspersed cinemas? Kind of sounding like it at this point. Hopefully they won't kill all of the role-playing elements...

Iron Mark
Modular Armor

Iron Man Nerd

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »

I'm kind of glad, though news of it being "tweaked" to appeal to a larger audience has me a tad worried.

Yeah, me too. Does that mean Mass Effect 2 didn't sell well enough? I'm kind of doubting it. Does this mean that it will just be a linear cover shooter with interspersed cinemas? Kind of sounding like it at this point. Hopefully they won't kill all of the role-playing elements...

Bioware has went on record saying "they want Call of Duty's audience". Take that as you will.
SirReef
Modular Armor

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »

Bioware has went on record saying "they want Call of Duty's audience". Take that as you will.

Oh god.  Why does every game have to be every other game?  What ever happened to niche markets?

Now that I think of it, what ever happened to games where you actually had a buddy over and you played together?

It's like game companies think no one has friends and online is the only way we play games ... oh, and FPS is the only way to experience the game. 

Typhon
War Machine

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »

Honestly, as long as the game is good, I don't mind if they make a few tweaks.  Compared to the first game, Mass Effect 2 was a weak rpg with an amazing story and characters.  Customization was practically nil compared to the first game, but I read that ME3 will be more like ME1 when it comes to the rpg elements. 

I'm not worried.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: