Advanced Iron Home
November 24, 2017, 11:31:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man vs. Whiplash (2009-2010) #1-4 (of 4)  (Read 20466 times)
RIM
Stealth Armor

« on: August 15, 2009, 02:23:26 AM »

It's Tony Stark vs. new Whiplash (we miss you Scarlotti).

Click on the banner for the further information.
mindcrime
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:27:38 AM »

mmmmmm....in that solit, its says this story is in continuity and that looks like the extremis armor tony is wearing. it must be pre secret invasion.
RIM
Stealth Armor

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:00:29 AM »

mindcrime
Guess so, or post Stark Disassembled, but I would go with your variant.
Tetragrammaton
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »

Whiplash reminds me of Vega from Street Fighter.
mateus
Neo-Classic Armor

Electrical Engineers do IT better

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »

November 4th 2009? duly noted!
this does look pretty good too, might just be worth it to pick up.

RIM
Stealth Armor

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »

mateus
The art will be pretty neat, 'cause this guy worked on the Sub-Mariner: Revolution, which was a good mini by all means)

Don't know 'bout the writers though. The Stark Trek guy is ok and Mark is ok too on the ASM. Guess, we'll just have to wait 'till the november, to see the results. I also happy, that all this will happen in MU (616 verse) not in MA or some other verse + the 5th on november will be my b'day. Totally satisfied))
mateus
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »

mateus
The art will be pretty neat, 'cause this guy worked on the Sub-Mariner: Revolution, which was a good mini by all means)

Don't know 'bout the writers though. The Stark Trek guy is ok and Mark is ok too on the ASM. Guess, we'll just have to wait 'till the november, to see the results. I also happy, that all this will happen in MU (616 verse) not in MA or some other verse + the 5th on november will be my b'day. Totally satisfied))
guggenmheim has been hit and miss on ASM though...if any Marc from ASM has been worth his weight in gold stories wise its Waid.

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 09:02:39 AM »

Whiplash reminds me of Vega from Street Fighter.

Nice correlation there! I've got to say, the look for the character is pretty good, actually! Not sure about the green hair, but still it's a cool update.

Iron Kaiser
Extremis Armor

This Afro will come back!

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 09:04:18 AM »

I'm hoping Ivan will be wearing more armor at the end of the movie than what is portrayed in that new whiplash art.  That art just looks like Vanko's wearing a vest, a single epaulet, substandard gauntlets, a cliche horror film mask, and leggings, which I doubt is enough to shield him from Repulsor Blasts.

I'm also hoping that this new Whiplash gets a pretty amazing upgrade over what Scarlotti had, because the last time I checked, Blacklash/Whiplash wasn't exactly the most powerful villain Iron Man has ever faced.  Well, he was pretty tough, until Iron Man made upgrades to his classic armor and made his subsequent armors far more powerful.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:06:01 AM by Iron Kaiser » Logged
mateus
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 09:06:42 AM »

I'm hoping Ivan will be wearing more armor at the end of the movie than what is portrayed in that new whiplash art.  That art just looks like Vanko's wearing a vest, a single epaulet, a cliche horror film mask, and leggings, which I doubt is enough to shield him from Repulsor Blasts.

I'm also hoping that this new Whiplash gets a pretty amazing upgrade over what Scarlotti had, because the last time I checked, Blacklash/Whiplash wasn't exactly the most powerful villain Iron Man has ever faced.  Well, he was pretty tough, until Iron Man made upgrades to his classic armor and made his subsequent armors far more powerful.  
speculation!
what if hes built more on speed than resistance?
i mean sure if the repulsor blasts hit him hes most likely done, but what if, with the little armor he has, he can dodge them with ease? is that even possible or am i way out in left field?

Iron Kaiser
Extremis Armor

This Afro will come back!

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 09:22:30 AM »

Knowing the Extremis armor, they'll have Tony lose to Whiplash with Whiplash not only dodging but also reflecting Repulsor Rays.  It's always happened before in recent years, why not now? 

Many people have dodged Iron Man's repulsor rays before, except it's usually hard considering they travel at light speed and the guy aiming them has a targeting system that can pick off a gnat in a swarm or even shoot down missiles and jet aircraft.  Both said missiles and aircraft can travel at supersonic speeds, so Whiplash would have to be quick.  Not necessarily supersonic quick, just quick enough to accelerate at an incredibly high rate to whatever top speed he can move at and he might just avoid them.

Usually though, Whiplash's strategy has been to use multiple tricks with his whip to combat Iron Man.  Such tricks include: constricting Iron Man and draining the electricity from his suit, creating energy barriers with his whip rotating at a fast rate, causing his whip to wrap around Iron Man and detonate, etc.

In my opinion, I see Whiplash using an energy barrier created by rapidly rotating his whips around to deflect Repulsor rays, not turn himself into a speedster.

mateus
Neo-Classic Armor

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »

Knowing the Extremis armor, they'll have Tony lose to Whiplash with Whiplash not only dodging but also reflecting Repulsor Rays.  It's always happened before in recent years, why not now? 

Many people have dodged Iron Man's repulsor rays before, except it's usually hard considering they travel at light speed and the guy aiming them has a targeting system that can pick off a gnat in a swarm or even shoot down missiles and jet aircraft.  Both said missiles and aircraft can travel at supersonic speeds, so Whiplash would have to be quick.  Not necessarily supersonic quick, just quick enough to accelerate at an incredibly high rate to whatever top speed he can move at and he might just avoid them.

Usually though, Whiplash's strategy has been to use multiple tricks with his whip to combat Iron Man.  Such tricks include: constricting Iron Man and draining the electricity from his suit, creating energy barriers with his whip rotating at a fast rate, causing his whip to wrap around Iron Man and detonate, etc.

In my opinion, I see Whiplash using an energy barrier created by rapidly rotating his whips around to deflect Repulsor rays, not turn himself into a speedster.

point made Kaiser. point made.

electricalninjaneer
Neo-Classic Armor

Electrical Engineering at its finest

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 12:09:24 PM »

Out of all the incarnations, this whiplash looks like the best. I will very interested in seeing him in action to see what he can do.

Crimson Dynamonger
Silver Centurion

I got a box of scraps. And guess what's inside it?

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »

The solicits name this Whiplash as Anton Vanko, the same name as the very first Crimson Dynamo...coincidence, or perhaps Marvel dropping hints to something?
electricalninjaneer
Neo-Classic Armor

Electrical Engineering at its finest

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »

Possibly, it brings up a lot of speculations on where this is going. I am not sure why they are naming him after the first Crimson Dynamo but it is possibly a mistake for Ivan or totally something else about the story that we are not aware of yet. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: