Advanced Iron Home
November 28, 2014, 02:14:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel's Skrull Infiltration Story Discussion (Possible SPOILERS!)  (Read 148644 times)
Titanium Dynamo
Classic Golden Avenger

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »

i dont think tonys a skrull but i think he exposes some key infiltrators though who ? How? I dont know
LoveMachine
Proto-Classic Armor

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »

Well Stark seems to be as suspicious about the "conspiracy" Luke Cage was talking about in Mighty Avengers #1 when he was talking to Carol.

Carol: At this point, how is us finding Luke Cage protecting the world?
Tony: If we don't...they will.
Carol: They who?

Oddly enough behind Tony is a sign that say SHIELD.  So I take it as a clue that he is aware of something going on in SHIELD.  That and I remember he said somewhere that he was going to clean SHIELD up.

I had a theory that he might be registering heroes to test them for "Skrullidis", while at the same time recruiting and training for a possible war.

Iron Kaiser
Extremis Armor

This Afro will come back!

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »

That's a good find LoveMachine.  Iron Man, being the futurist that he is, may have predicted that the Skrulls want revenge on our pathetic little planet, and they are going to invade our world with every resource they've got.  Iron Man may have been using his position in SHIELD as well as the registered heroes to build up counter measures against this very familiar threat to Earth.
The IronJedi
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Columnist: Ferro Files

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

Check out this thread for related discussion: http://www.advancediron.org/forums/index.php/topic,97.0.html

“I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." - Albert Camus
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 10:55:48 PM »

Check out this thread for related discussion: http://www.advancediron.org/forums/index.php/topic,97.0.html

That thread is more about Tony in particular.  There's room enough for both threads, but this one can be the location for stuff beyond the speculation as it developes.

Incidentally, I don't think that Stark is a Skrull, but actually I'm beginning to wonder if Ms. Marvel is.  Also, there was a recent Ms. Marvel arc where she allegedly fights another version of herself from another dimension, but I'm wondering if that will be a Skrull takeover attempt too...

Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 11:11:20 PM »

See, now all of this speculation and wondering is what I find fun!  Civil War was boring as all heck for me, but this -- this gets my mind working, trying to figure out who's who and how it's all going to come down.  I'm normally not a fan of the big event storylines, but this, in theory, has the potential to be an amazing piece of work.  And I'm sure it'll piss some people off, but in the 11 years I've been online, I've yet to read a story that didn't make somebody on some message board somewhere mad as all get-out.

We'll see if the execution is as good as the idea.
Ronaldo Stark...
Silver Centurion

Avengers assemble ;)

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »

Carol: At this point, how is us finding Luke Cage protecting the world?
Tony: If we don't...they will.
Carol: They who?

we cant say that was tony... remember he turned into ultron!! :S but well i need to see next issue of mighty avenger

Typhon
War Machine

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 02:19:30 AM »

Ms. Marvel's been through too much crap in her own book to be a skrull.  Yeah she's in a major position to do a lot of damage if she was a skrull but if Tony is on to something being wrong then I doubt he'd put someone he suspects in such a position.  The man is nothing if not careful. 

Personally, I think Spider Woman is a skrull or maybe Luke Cage.  Maria Hill is a good theory too.  Not Dum Dum though.  He's too cool to be a skrull.     

That thread is more about Tony in particular.  There's room enough for both threads, but this one can be the location for stuff beyond the speculation as it developes.

Incidentally, I don't think that Stark is a Skrull, but actually I'm beginning to wonder if Ms. Marvel is.  Also, there was a recent Ms. Marvel arc where she allegedly fights another version of herself from another dimension, but I'm wondering if that will be a Skrull takeover attempt too...
Iron Kaiser
Extremis Armor

This Afro will come back!

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:23:40 PM »

I really think that this is going to be the best crossover yet.  Civil War sucked, but this is gold!  I really wonder who the Skrull is!  I could have sworn that Dum Dum would be a Skrull.  Maybe Typhon's right, maybe Spider-Woman is a skrull.
Ironghost
Global Moderator
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »

Norman Osborne as a Skrull.

1. It explains why he's back.
2. It explains why he pushes the Thunderchickens back into the Masters/Brotherhood of Evil days.
3. He's in a safe spot to control Tony, by using the Thudderbolts as a bat and expecting Tony to make the predictable reaction.

Opinions?

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.  -- Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"
Typhon
War Machine

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »

2. It explains why he pushes the Thunderchickens back into the Masters/Brotherhood of Evil days.
3. He's in a safe spot to control Tony, by using the Thudderbolts as a bat and expecting Tony to make the predictable reaction.

Opinions?

That makes 7 kinds of sense.  Great job.  Wonder why I didn't think about it.  I personally don't read the suckybolts so I don't know too much about the relationship between Osbourne and Tony except that Tony doesn't trust him and has tried many times to get him bounced from his position. 
Ronaldo Stark...
Silver Centurion

Avengers assemble ;)

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »

Opinions?

about norman i dont know havent read about him... im all the way with my theory of maria i never trusted her Tongue neither tony

The IronJedi
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 07:53:59 PM »

Good theory, IG. Hadn't considered Norman as a Skrull but would make quite a bit of sense. It would also make a lot of Spider-fans happy too, espc. if the "twins" turned out to be Skrulls also.

“I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." - Albert Camus
Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 11:21:35 PM »

Good theory, IG. Hadn't considered Norman as a Skrull but would make quite a bit of sense. It would also make a lot of Spider-fans happy too, espc. if the "twins" turned out to be Skrulls also.

That wouldn't work, because Norman showed Gwen Stacy his "O" face quite some time before his original death in Amazing Spider-Man #122.  So unless Osborn was a Skrull before his death (which would really be a bad bad move), the kids are real.

That is, unless it's Mary Jane who's a Skrull, and the story she told Peter about Gwen being with Norman was all made up as part of the plan.  Yeah, I'd buy that...get rid of two problems at once.  No more MJ, no more Stacy twins.  All is good.
The IronJedi
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »

That wouldn't work, because Norman showed Gwen Stacy his "O" face quite some time before his original death in Amazing Spider-Man #122.  So unless Osborn was a Skrull before his death (which would really be a bad bad move), the kids are real.

That is, unless it's Mary Jane who's a Skrull, and the story she told Peter about Gwen being with Norman was all made up as part of the plan.  Yeah, I'd buy that...get rid of two problems at once.  No more MJ, no more Stacy twins.  All is good.
Actually, the twins could be Skrulls too. We only have Norman's and their word about what happened, IIRC. And they were poppin' pills b/c of the supposed age acceleration they went through. Now isn't it the slight bit curious that Norman's been shown to be doing the same in T-Bolts? Hmmm, subtle clue?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: