Advanced Iron Home
July 31, 2014, 12:33:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IM 1:1 bust conversion, can it be done....put your thinking caps on!  (Read 1106 times)
averone
Stealth Armor

« on: January 23, 2009, 03:37:40 AM »

So I have this crazy idea of getting another 1:1 bust and converting it to a MK II from the movie!

It may be expensive but it can be done!!!

Here is a photo so far of a sample of what can be done! Still looking for a more brushed look. To get that brushed semi-silver I think its could be a charcoal gray, that we could use this other product we have called called ghost chrome. Im still looking to see this.

The 2 finishes give it a stainless steel look and they do not use water for the process. That is great news! That means I dont have to worry about the any water issues with the electronics!

Will keep you updated...

Here is sample one...
Not bad...now the damn rivets! They seem indented but not sure. Anyone has a good picture of the movie MK II please do me a favor and post it here.

Thanks everyone for your input!

What do you guys suggest I use for the rivets?

Am I just nuts?

Or one crazy IM fan like you guys?

Thanks,

Alex

Tetragrammaton
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:32:08 AM »

Wait to see if Sideshow releases one.

You can get a second bust now and sit on it until you are confident SS will not produce a Mark II.
averone
Stealth Armor

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:24:17 AM »

Wait to see if Sideshow releases one.

You can get a second bust now and sit on it until you are confident SS will not produce a Mark II.

Wise man speaks!

So thats not a bad idea, but then I was never one to wait for Sideshow! They took a year and a half to make this one!
What do you think of the paint work? Shiny, more dull...more gray?

Thanks Tet!

Tetragrammaton
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »

If I had to choose, hard to go wrong with shiney.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: