Advanced Iron Home
August 14, 2018, 09:46:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatcha’ been reading?  (Read 29595 times)
Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:56 AM »

Age Of Ultron's storyline will have no bearing on the film. Bendis himself just said it is a very good name for an Ultron story. It's a decent enough book though, if very different from what it first seems.
Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »

Oh okay, thanks for the tip! Are there any comic series out that the movie is based on? I don't know much about Ultron's character and would just like to educate myself! Haha.

The IronJedi
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Columnist: Ferro Files

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2014, 09:17:07 PM »

Oh okay, thanks for the tip! Are there any comic series out that the movie is based on? I don't know much about Ultron's character and would just like to educate myself! Haha.

The Avengers vol. III issues 0 & 19-22 (Ultron Unlimited), the Ultron Imperative one-shot and Annihilation Conquest are all great reading.

“I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." - Albert Camus
Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2014, 03:26:48 AM »

Wow, thank you for the suggestions! I'll look into them. Cheesy

JDD01
Silver Centurion

Artist of Armors

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

My reads include TMNT, Transformers, and the archie Megaman series

Check out my artwork at: http://www.jddishmonart.deviantart.com/,checkout my webcomic: http://nexgentheseries.thecomicstrip.org/
,my tumblr at http://sealabcomicproduction.tumblr.com/,and my new Patreon Page: http://www.patreon.com/jddishmon for exclusive access to new comics before everyone else
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »

How good is Transformers right now?!  Both books are freaking killing it. 
Zero_Accountability
Classic Golden Avenger

Yeah, I can fly

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2014, 03:24:56 AM »

I got Batman: Death of the Family volume 3 in the mail yesterday. Got it for the Joker story. Never been a fan of Batman, but boy! That book was amazing. So intense and creepy and weird. Makes me want to get volumes 1 and 2 now.

JDD01
Silver Centurion

Artist of Armors

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »

How good is Transformers right now?!  Both books are freaking killing it. 

Transformers RiD

Check out my artwork at: http://www.jddishmonart.deviantart.com/,checkout my webcomic: http://nexgentheseries.thecomicstrip.org/
,my tumblr at http://sealabcomicproduction.tumblr.com/,and my new Patreon Page: http://www.patreon.com/jddishmon for exclusive access to new comics before everyone else
Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2014, 09:51:02 AM »

I recently got the Miller Daredevil omnibus, Michelanie IM omnibus and Big Damn Sin City in that order. Daredevil was incredible, I found it better than I'd heard, even really liked the Mackenzie stuff. Of course, it took off when Miller took over writing. I don't need to comment on the IM omnibus around here I feel ha ha. I did really like reading the Mauler story by Michelanie and Miller in Daredevil then seeing Edwin Cord struggle in IM followed by someone else taking the Mauler suit.

I've never read Sin City but loved the film. I'm going to start the book tonight. It is already my favourite book that I own though. The quality and ridiculous size of the book is amazing. I haven't always been a big Miller fan. I've always loved Year One and enjoyed Returns but it wasn't until I got Man Without Fear and Born Again that I really took an interest. Until reading the Daredevil omnibus I always appreciated his writing more than his art. Now I consider them both equally great.

Any way, if anyones thinking about getting Big Damn Sin City you won't regret it!
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »

I recently got the Miller Daredevil omnibus

This is a run I've built slowly for some time now. I've got much of it, but the problem here is that Miller's run is somewhat broken up by other creators on the book here and there. What DD issues are included in the Omnibus?

Dayle88
Silver Centurion

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »

158-161, 163-191 and What If? #28.
Stark Resilient
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 07:29:20 PM »

I've been all about Image Comics lately.  I'm so tired of reading a cape book, and feeling like nothing that I read is important.  I'm tired of writers not doing their homework on characters and doing whatever they want.  I much prefer reading these creator owned comics now, where the stories have weight to them.  My personal favorite lately has been East of West by Hickman and Dragotta.  I've never connected to a comic like I have this one.  It's written brilliantly, the art is top notch, and the colors are out of this world, which goes to make it a beautiful book to read.  I can't recommend this one enough.  A couple other good ones are: Saga, Velvet, Thief of Thieves, Manhattan Projects, and Five Ghosts.

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »

I've been all about Image Comics lately.  I'm so tired of reading a cape book, and feeling like nothing that I read is important.  I'm tired of writers not doing their homework on characters and doing whatever they want.  I much prefer reading these creator owned comics now, where the stories have weight to them.  My personal favorite lately has been East of West by Hickman and Dragotta.  I've never connected to a comic like I have this one.  It's written brilliantly, the art is top notch, and the colors are out of this world, which goes to make it a beautiful book to read.  I can't recommend this one enough.  A couple other good ones are: Saga, Velvet, Thief of Thieves, Manhattan Projects, and Five Ghosts.

Try "Spread" by Image. It's really crazy and some people are saying that culturally it could be the next Walking Dead or Chew.  The first issue is a quick read, but it puts a hook in ya for some otherwise very bizarre content.  Also, Batman '66 is some throwback fun. IDW's Ninja Turtles has a pretty unique flavor as well, but if you've got a variant cover bug in you then watch out.

Stark Resilient
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2014, 11:32:19 AM »

Try "Spread" by Image. It's really crazy and some people are saying that culturally it could be the next Walking Dead or Chew.  The first issue is a quick read, but it puts a hook in ya for some otherwise very bizarre content.  Also, Batman '66 is some throwback fun. IDW's Ninja Turtles has a pretty unique flavor as well, but if you've got a variant cover bug in you then watch out.

I actually did check that one out.  I'm on board for issue 2, but not ready to commit to it completely yet. 

IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2014, 04:21:34 PM »

I actually did check that one out.  I'm on board for issue 2, but not ready to commit to it completely yet.

Yup, lol! That's where I'm at with it too... it's just... weird!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: