Advanced Iron Home
September 25, 2017, 05:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipping Costs: What a Scam!  (Read 2708 times)
Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« on: February 01, 2008, 09:42:16 AM »

I pre-ordered the new Turok game for my girlfriend's kid last week, because he'd played the demo and thought it had some interesting gameplay elements.  It wasn't something he was overly concerned about having immediately so I chose the cheap-o $2.99 5-10 day shipping option from EBGames.com, he ponied up the cash, and that was that.

The game shipped on 1/30/2008 and the UPS guy just dropped it off a few minutes ago, 2/1/2008.  Two days from Texas to Michigan.  If I'd chosen the pricey $10 next day shipping it would have shown up yesterday and cost me $7 more.  The mid-range 2-5 day shipping was, I believe $7.

I've had similar experiences with Amazon.  During Christmas, I chose "Super-Saver Shipping" on some items I ordered early, and was told it would be anywhere from 10-15 days before I got my shipment.  It only took four days.

Shipping is such a scam.
Typhon
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »

Once I ordered some books for class on a wednesday night, picked the free shipping and come friday morning they were on my doorstep.  I love Amazon's super free shipping.  I've never had to wait more than 4 days for a delivery.     
H.O.M.E.R.
Renaissance Armor

Im Rick James B+ch!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:49:41 AM »

i agree

but i beleive the USPS has a worst shipping there  is

i mailed my dad in Puerto rico   a package last week, it was 6lbs and it was a regular copier paper box that i used and wrapped.
 they charged me $27 for priority mail. 3-4 days

but first class was $23 and its 4-5 WEEKS!!!!!!!!
WTF???
they still have to use a AIRPLANE to get the stuff there!, so what they do? let packages sit on warehouses until they feel like it?

***Don't you know who i am?    I'm the JUGGERNAUT b1+ch!***
Roger A Ott II
Comic Book Historian
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

Writer/Researcher for Marvel's Official Handbooks

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »

so what they do? let packages sit on warehouses until they feel like it?

In a nutshell, I think that's exactly it.  Priority mail gets the priority, as expected from the name alone.  Other mail has to wait until the priority stuff gets done.  The cost doesn't make sense, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: