Advanced Iron Home
September 25, 2017, 05:34:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you want to become a member of our forum, send an email to advancedironmembers at gmail dot com.

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crossover Battle: Iron Man vs the Gargoyles  (Read 6246 times)
SCIronKnight14
Golden Armor

The Iron Man of the Palmetto State

« on: December 05, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »

Okay, here's a crossover battle question:

If Iron Man fought the Gargoyles (the characters from the animated series that Disney aired a while back), who do you think would win?

I'm going to have to go with Iron Man here...then again, he might get kicked around some before he unleashes his Hulk Buster armor on the Gargoyles.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 07:59:01 PM by SCIronKnight14 » Logged
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:09:38 PM »

Okay, here's a crossover battle question:

If Iron Man fought the Gargoyles (the characters from the animated series that Disney aired a while back), who do you think would win?

I'm going to have to go with Iron Man here...then again, he might get kicked around some before he unleashes his Hulk Buster armor on the Gargoyles.

Isn't this sort of like asking "who would win... Iron Man or the Ninja Turtles?"
Iron Man. No contest.  No special armor.

SCIronKnight14
Golden Armor

The Iron Man of the Palmetto State

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »

Yeah, it is sort of like who would win discussion.  Iron Man would win without any special suits.

Here's what the Gargoyles have going for them:
1. Gliding ability (they can't fly, but can glide on air currents)
2. Claw up walls
3. Claws
4. Super-strength
5. Agility
6. Tails

All Iron Man has to do is keep them busy till the sun comes up and they turned to stone.
ROB JAN
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:53:31 AM »

The Gargys have a couple of NYPD cops on their side though....that's gotta count for something!  Wink

I used to love that show, a superior animated series! Lots of Stark Trek actors did voices on the show too.

They and Tony have a connection through King Arthur too....
nicktem
War Machine

he lives, he walks, he conquers!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 05:28:25 AM »

no brainer. iron man.

unless the samurai pizza cats come into it. then theres trouble!

I Like Cynic
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »

Ok, I joined this site just to answer this. Dude, it's not who would win iron man vs gargoyles, It's who would win Iron Man versus Davis Xanatos, the Gargoyle's arch nemesis. He was so blatantly modeled after stark, and I heard that gargoyles creator greg weisman was a huge IM fan. Xanatos is tony stark if tony stark had never gotten hit by that landmine. He's cunning, super rich and a tech genius, and even has a cool facial growth and a suit of battle armour. They'd make great rivals. I Loved Gargoyles, it was without doubt the best animated tv show ever. YAY

( Iron Man would of course win though)
Chaos
Extremis Armor

I Hate Magic

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »

Ok, I joined this site just to answer this. Dude, it's not who would win iron man vs gargoyles, It's who would win Iron Man versus Davis Xanatos, the Gargoyle's arch nemesis. He was so blatantly modeled after stark, and I heard that gargoyles creator greg weisman was a huge IM fan. Xanatos is tony stark if tony stark had never gotten hit by that landmine. He's cunning, super rich and a tech genius, and even has a cool facial growth and a suit of battle armour. They'd make great rivals. I Loved Gargoyles, it was without doubt the best animated tv show ever. YAY

( Iron Man would of course win though)

You know, the few times I saw the show, I saw some eps with that guy in the suit and just kept thinking how Stark like he was.

But I would take Iron Man of course.

ROB JAN
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:45 PM »

I always liked that Xanatos (voiced by Trek's Jonathan Frakes) was so cool even though his cunning plans would totally unravel before his eyes....
I Like Cynic
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »

Actually usually his plans did come off. The Gargoyles would always seemingly thwart him, only for the viewer to find out it was some elaborate rouse while Xanatos' real and more sinister intentions were being enacted elsewhere. But wasn't he just totally Stark sans morals? They'd be perfect rivals
Tetragrammaton
Hulk Buster Armor

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »

The Gargoyles could barely keep up with Xanatos and the Steel Clan.

Let's face it, Xanatos was Tony Stark-lite.

...and how is this for a coincidence?

Check out Bowen Designs' preview page.

http://www.bowendesigns.com/page_sub.asp?id=2
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 07:21:06 PM by Tetragrammaton » Logged
ROB JAN
Renaissance Armor

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 04:47:50 AM »

Coincidence....or Bowencidence?
I Like Cynic
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 06:29:52 AM »

Nah he wasnt stark lite. While his armour, even "converted" to the marvel universe, wouldn't stand up, he lacks the moral scruples of Stark and is far more devious. He usually has about 20 plans running at the same time, uses his vast wealth, tech, biotech even sorcery to get what he wants. In one episode he actually managed to take over New York and declared it a sovereign nation, killed most of the cast of characters and was moments away from taking over the world.

Weisman, series creator, always denied a direct influence, but didn't rule out an unconscious one.

As for the Gargoyles, I reckon converted to the marvel universe Goliath would be a little stronger than spider man and have the tactical abilities and fighting skills of captain America. SO he along with his clan would be formidable, and I'd imagine him taking a chunk out of Iron Man's armour before going down, but he would eventually go down. That being said, It's one of my secret geek fantasies to see the clan and Stark jOin forces to take on Zanatos, or even Oberon who was the garoyles universe's Odin/Galactus type of cosmic powered foe.

Chaos
Extremis Armor

I Hate Magic

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 06:50:19 AM »

Nah he wasnt stark lite. While his armour, even "converted" to the marvel universe, wouldn't stand up, he lacks the moral scruples of Stark and is far more devious. He usually has about 20 plans running at the same time, uses his vast wealth, tech, biotech even sorcery to get what he wants. In one episode he actually managed to take over New York and declared it a sovereign nation, killed most of the cast of characters and was moments away from taking over the world.

So he's like Stark if he had Doom's passions/mentality?

I Like Cynic
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »

I always figured he was stark if stark had never stepped on the landmine. Too selfish and totally lacking moral scruples. He's less regal than Doom more down to earth, like stark, just he doesnt care who he steps on in order to get what he wants (in the series he sought immortality).
IMJ
Global Moderator
Extremis Armor

A.I. Editor-In-Chief | Columnist

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 10:49:08 AM »

Yeah, it is sort of like who would win discussion.  Iron Man would win without any special suits.

LOL, either I could've worded it better or my sarcasm was just lost.  Note however it was sarcasm toward the matchup and not your topic....

I never really watched Gargoyles though so the information about the Stark/Villain parallel is cool.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:52:21 AM by IMJ » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: